Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Silvernova - The Game

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JPulham

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Silvernova - The Game Reply with quote

www.silvernova.co.uk

It was created with irrlicht and RakNet(network code disabled for this release) And of course... DeleD. Its only a tech demo really to stop the site members from killing me! Shocked the level/engine isn't finished but I'm proud of it Very Happy try it out and see what you think.

Mille

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, keep going Very Happy
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game moved _very_ fast (no time-based update?) and without being able to jump I got stuck pretty soon, but the level looks very good and well thought-out. Good job there!

Points of critique that you should feel completely free to ignore:
- The 2D screens in between were a bit harsh on the eyes.
- The lightmaps could do with some filtering (blocky)
- The buttons of the 2D interface feel incoherent, as if they were sprinkled randomly on the screen instead of placed in a user-friendly way.

As I said, I know this is just an early alpha so I'll shut up now. Please ignore these and go on with your excellent work! Very Happy
JPulham

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GUI is under construction (need to get all features working first) and as for lightmaps... I know. Probable touch them up in GIMP. My friend suggested lightening and increasing saturation.

There is a slight problem of flickering in certain places.. if you know any bugs and how to fix them... please tell me Rolling Eyes

Also... crouching needs work. Thought I'd got it but you get stuck if the floor is too close to another polygon below it... like thin bridges/walkways

Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to this Project. First Level Architecture reminds me at Unreal. Fast movement - Quake Wink Textures looking a bit generic at the moment, but i think this is only a test. So keep going Smile

Many people don't like to install 'only' a tech demo. Maybe you ZIP the files in future ?
JPulham

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quake Wink Textures looking a bit generic at the moment

what do you mean?

PLEASE post any bugs and cmments for improvment.
I think I have a problem in some areas where the polygons appear/dissapear quickly. But anyway... work in progress

Twixn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks awesome Very Happy Well done.

For some reason it reminds me of the Cube engine more than
Irrlicht.

-Twixn-
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: