Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delgine, shaded

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mille

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Delgine, shaded Reply with quote

Well, beside game projects, Delgine can also be used for testing shader effects Razz . Some stuff I made using DG3D:

Heat Haze:

Relief mapping:

Depth of field:

Demos online at: www.soft.dk

Thanks Delgine for a great tool
Very Happy
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are very nice effects you're achieving, Mille! Keep us posted about your stuff, it's cool!
Mille

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Very Happy

Most of the scenes I’ve made are quite small, just used for shader effect testing.

But I was thinking about what to do if I want to make a really really big scene, some kind of city environment. Say, for instance that every house/building was made as a separate dmf model (maybe with the help of importing .x/.3ds files in Delgine). Then I would need a “Editor” to select each model and place them in the scene – AND attach properties to each dmf model.

The overall idear was to make a lightning system in the "Editor", where you can add a light (omni, spot, lightprojector) and attach a shader to that light, in order to get dynamic per-pixel lightning (parallax mapping). Then with a few properties of the light (for instance which dmf models is affected by the light) and a few properties of each dmf model (for instance which models must not be used in occlusion tests of another models), could make a nice fast rendering pipeline. Maybe this sounds crazy Razz

Is there already such an Editor/tool out there ?,
Hows does Irrlicht handels bigs DMF scene, with occlusiuon/octree tests ?
(can Irrlicht even do Per-pixel lightning, HDR, Haze effects, etc)
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive results!

To me that editor sounds like a bit like the scene editing tools of the major engines (UnrealEd, Hammer, TGE World Editor (on steroids)). Irrlicht has IrrSED, but I don't think it comes close to what you describe here. Ogre has... well it sorta has dotscene and the dotsceneexporter. And there is blink3d. All in all, this post is not of much help, so I'll shut up now... Very Happy
Mille

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input, actually I didn't know of "Hammer", so your replay is appreciated. Anyways, I just like big spare time projects, so I’ll give it a try on building a tiny editor for big dmf scenes (of many dmf models) and an associated rendering engine – all rendering will be through HLSL shaders for maximum custom-tweaking and per-pixel dynamic lights, its all about getting the GPU as hot as possible. Exclamation

Should I get anything nice running, I’ll give it to you for free. Very Happy
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyways, I just like big spare time projects

You sound like a brave man! Wink

No, but seriously, sounds to me like a great idea! There are not that many good scene editors out there, let alone generic ones. Hope you get something up and running! Very Happy
Sindwiller
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hows does Irrlicht handels bigs DMF scene, with occlusiuon/octree tests ?

I dont have a clue about core techniques, because im not a game programer anyway. Ive tried Irrlicht and it has very good support for octrees and occlusion culling. You can even load Q3BSP and render them with octrees. Wink Even the Q3 shaderfiles are supported Shocked

Wfr, Sindwiller
Mille

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish my girlfriend also thought I was a brave man Confused

Anyways, I got a VisualC++ managed form up and running, with a panel which displays a lit DMF scene of your choice (only one omni light at the moment). Damn, the auto generated code for the C++ managed UI components is ugly, but if you can live with that, there are 2 huge benefits with a C++ managed form - its much more easy to build then MFC (using VS2005), and if you have components (*.lib) written i C++, they can be used directly. Very Happy

Shoots to come ..
Sindwiller
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you programin in DX or in OGL? When you program in OGL, use GLUT, its very useful Wink

Wfr, Sindwiller
Mille

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all in DX9, since I got some experiance from work etc. Anyways GLUT is nice, but I must say I've be falling into the Microsoft way, DirectX, and HLSL shaders.

Work from this weekend:
Damn I wish I had more time Shocked

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: