Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

.Obj exports every texture?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hankenb
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: .Obj exports every texture? Reply with quote

When I export an .obj with one texture, it looks fine. However, the .mtl file shows that it is exporting the info for every texture in the material picker. That is incredibly inefficient, as I have to copy and paste all my materials into my object folder in my game engine just to show an object with ONE texture. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just how the exporter works? Thanks
CMe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, it's something the exporter just does and not an error on your part. At the moment DeleD doesn't state which textures are used and which aren't. I could go through all the objects and detect which ones are being used and include an option to remove non used textures from the material file.

There is going to be some changes regarding the way a plug-in works with DeleD. I'll be working to get it compatible with the new versions as well as with the current one and I'll be sure to make this option available. Thanks for the input.
hankenb
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: