Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DeleD 1.6 Released!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: DeleD 1.6 Released! Reply with quote

DeleD 1.6 Released!

Added functionality
- A new XML-based fileformat (DXS) has been introduced. The DMF fileformat is deprecated. The new fileformat includes more information, like comment fields for the scene and individual primitives. Note: all plugins now work with the same XML format and have been changed accordingly! If you use additional plugins not provided with the original DeleD setup, you must download and install those plugins again. The old plugins will not work anymore.
- Shortcuts to changing views have been added: shift+T=top, shift+F=front, shift+S=side, shift+P=perspective and shift+U=uv editor.
- Object Rotation in 3D views is possible now. Standard rotation is done in the XZ plane (the same as the Top view), using Shift rotates in the XY plane (Front view) and using Alt rotates in the ZY plane (Side view). Remember to click first and then press either Shift or Alt.
- DirectX X Export plugin added to the distribution.
- Option to copy current scene file to a backup file (.~dxs or .~dmf) on save.
- Materials and lights now have a 'tag' field (available through the material editor and object inspector, respectively)
- Primitives, Materials and Lights all have a 'comments' field (with the option of popping up a 80x25 editor). There is a now a clean distinction between a tag and a comment: a 'tag' holds technical information for exporters/loaders/etc, while 'comments' can be used to store user comments.
- At the material level, lightmapping can be disabled, as well as shadow casting and receiving. At the primitive level, the settings for shadow casting and receiving can be overridden. This finer control over the lightmapping process allows for better modeling of luminous surfaces and resolving issues with geometry being placed very close to light sources.

Changed functionality
- Older DMF fileformats (<1.0) are no longer supported. Saving to the latest DMF fileformat (1.1) is still possible, although the new XML-based fileformat (DXS) is recommended.
- The Plugin Log Information window doesn't list loading & unloading plugins anymore. It does list the execution of plugins and possible errors that might occur when running a plugin.
- Materials in exported .X files now use the material name give by the user instead of the texture filename.
- Arrange All menu-option removed as it was rather useless.
- Changing, adding or removing views isn't possible when views are locked.
- A number of technical issues have been refactored to ensure better maintenance and scalability in the future.

Fixed issues
- Changing views via the popup menu in 2D/3D views is enabled.
- CSG functionality no longer remains disabled after switching to and from UV view.
- No more occasional 'degenerate matrix after projection' errors occur when switching to the perspective view.
- Moving multiple objects by moving all edges of these objects is now done correctly.
- Resetting the camera in the 3D view now resets the orientation as well, not just the position.
afecelis
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow PJ! Shocked Shocked Shocked wow wow wow!
Tons of changes. Thanks for the new release. Downloading immediately! Very Happy
Twixn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, a new release Very Happy

I like the new file format, I agree it is much more
humanly readable. I would like some docs about it,
but thats only because I like to clarify any details/assumptions.

Anyway, Good job Very Happy I'm glad I downloaded it right away.

-Twixn-
mappy
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: DeleD 1.6 Released! Reply with quote

Paul-Jan wrote:
Added functionality
- Object Rotation in 3D views is possible now.
- At the material level, lightmapping can be disabled, as well as shadow casting and receiving.

Great !
Thanks guys Very Happy
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, lots of new toys. Smile
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
vgo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news!

However, why the xml files are broken? There's no information about the used xml version nor encoding, do I have to guess what character set was used when the files were created???

Each file should have the xml tag at the start of the file, ie. "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>"
froqus
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing fresh and revolutionary in new version has not seen. The Interface not a bit did not change, window all in the same way each itself.
Liked only new format of the files , but in greater degree that beside it extension .dxs - means that will not be a messes with .dmf files Download Master and with file .dmf AMPII Engine =)

P.S. the wish on cause of the improvement usability interface see will ( if will in general ) and plugins of the import .map220 (Half-life) и .rmf (Valve Hammer) are accepted in versions 5.0? =)
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vgo: Awww come on, the use of xml dates from way before those silly w3c specs, and using characters outside the ascii range won't make your scene data popular with most 3rd party applications anyway Laughing Wink. But seriously, good point, the next version will properly start with the text declaration.

frogus: Haven't got a clue what Download Master and AMPII are, but if you absolutely need it there is still the possibility to save to DMF Smile. Plugin changes are in general totally unrelated to main DeleD progress. A .map importer will be released by us soon, .rmf support is not on our short-term planning... but by all means, feel free to write one!
vgo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be nice. Smile

I started writing a parser for the new format and noticed that the object grouping is not saved, nor you can see the object groups in the editor. Will this be implemented at some point in the future?
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vgo wrote:

I started writing a parser for the new format and noticed that the object grouping is not saved, nor you can see the object groups in the editor. Will this be implemented at some point in the future?

Yes, definately! Smile
vgo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! That would make it a bit easier to create levels for a portal based engine. Smile

EDIT: Just noticed another thing, would be nice if the <vertices> and <polygons> elements had "highestID" attribute like the <primitives> element has. The reason for this is that it would be nice to know how many vertices/polygons there will be, now I have to count them first to get the amount of memory needed to store them.
froqus
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJ: I spoke of that that much well that appeared new format for DeleD with other extension of the file =)

has distressed that hitherto nothing have not changed in worker window - they all in the same way under each start have a randoml location . me personally this much tenses. beside me to you else offer - do support .DTS фотрмата Torque for static\non-animated models and objects . not shall already create new subjects in feature requests, but shall say here
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

froqus wrote:

has distressed that hitherto nothing have not changed in worker window - they all in the same way under each start have a randoml location . me personally this much tenses. beside me to you else offer - do support .DTS фотрмата Torque for static\non-animated models and objects . not shall already create new subjects in feature requests, but shall say here

I am not sure what you're trying to say here but I think it has something to do with your suggestions not being implemented in the 1.6 version. The thing is: we always make a rather fixed set of things to implement for a new version. We try to stick to that list of things because if we constantly add new things, a new version would never be released. Wink For the 1.6 release, we decided to concentrate on the XML fileformat and the refactoring of the plugin architecture. New GUI changes are to be implemented in future releases of DeleD.

I have been following your suggestions with great interest and I think we will be adding some of your suggestions to future versions of DeleD. Please keep adding your suggestions in the Feature Request forum. I can't promise we will add every suggestion, but all suggestions are carefully looked at.
froqus
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen

I shall wait =). matter of fact that DeleD on many parameter exceeds such program as Cartography Shop\3D World Studio\Quark\Valve Hammer , but beside it presently very uncomfortable and flaw interface . itself I presently use ligament AC3D + DeleD and me this nearly makes . but the main problem - incorrect import\eksport format .obj when carrying between them . but no other format with which worked both these programs - don't have
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: