Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

.X Exporter Texture issues.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Zoop

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: .X Exporter Texture issues. Reply with quote

I can't seem to figure out how to make textures export with the .X file like it used to in the older versions of DeleD. It always says the texture folder path doesn't exist, even if I set it to the same location as the model. It appears to be trying to put the textures in subfolders under their category name. So, for example "[my path I set]\Wood\Wood01.jpg" instead of just "[my path I set]\wood01.jpg."

Anyway, this is inconvenient... I have to copy all my textures manually now.

-Dr. Zoop
Dr. Zoop

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the .X exporter is acting so weird, I have resorted to using an older version of DeleD to export my .X files.

Is there source code for the regular .X exporter I could fiddle with? I just want to change the paths of the textures...
jwatte
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No source for the built-in exporter, but there is source for the NuXporter version (which is better in all ways, anyway :-D)

Google Code Repository for NuXporter 1.2

It builds with VC2005 and seems to work for Delgine 1.61. The installer isn't updated yet, though, and you have to be careful about the version of D3DX you install (and what version of the DX SDK you're using).
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for not posting any sooner, my internet provider thought it would be a nice idea to cut me off from the internet for the past 16 hours Sad

To make the exporter work the way you want it to, simply put the DeleD Texture Folder inside the texture folder field. The textures will always be written to the same folder where the .x file is located.

I am pretty sure Jeroen didn't implement things this way "by design", so I'll fix things (make the texture folder work the way you would expect it to) and release a new version. Meanwhile, you can use the "trick" I mentioned above to make the current exporter work for now...

Hope that helps. Smile
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted an update for the DirectX exporter that addresses this issue. Read more about it here...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: