Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Phoenix Storm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Phoenix Storm Reply with quote

Well, this is the second project currently undergone by Phoenix Productions. It is an FPS based in (yup, you guessed it) the future. Unfortunately i cant reveal the storyline just yet, but as soon as its confirmed, i will post it on our website.

The development tools we are currently using are DeleD (of course) for the inside environments and object design, whereas the outside environments are currently being developed using Vue d'Esprit 2. We also have other tools (Blender, Terragen, ppModeler) but have not decided on whether we are going to use them.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, although it is based in a future-setting (i'm more of a medieval kinda guy), I'm also very interested in this project. Can't wait to see some pictures! Cool
Chris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool can't wait to see the results, I wish you luck.

Oh if you don't mind me asking where abouts in Norwich do you live?

You've inspired me to look at an older version of Vue d'Esprit for use in my teams game MOOD.
Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i live in brundall, near cowley (yeah, tis james). Vue d'Esprit seems to be quite (ok, extremely) useful for rendering large, aoutside environments, and whilst there is a much later edition out (5 i think), this was free, and not £400, lol. Have used it for a couple of random scenes before i started thinking about making a project.

Am having problems with DeleD though... since ive never used it before, im at a lil bit of a disadvantage, and rendering weapons appears to be quite hard. Also, i get loads of errors after quitting it (might just be my comp, grrr...)
Chris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In which case I live closer to you. Did Cowley point you here?

As to errors when quitting do you mean memory leaks or just errors.

I'm also going to give poser3 a look for human models I believe they can be a tad to high on the ol' poly count though.
Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just errors which refuse to leave me alone, but i used it again since and didnt get them. I saw on your website that you were using DeleD and thought i'd have a look. I'm just finding it a bit hard seeing as there arent any tutorials like you get in Vue d'Esprit.
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stick with it Phoenix,its the easiest program that i've ever used Very Happy , it has to be for me to be able to use it Wink

dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:
just errors which refuse to leave me alone, but i used it again since and didnt get them. I saw on your website that you were using DeleD and thought i'd have a look. I'm just finding it a bit hard seeing as there arent any tutorials like you get in Vue d'Esprit.

Now, being one of the developers of DeleD, I'm very interested in those errors. What kind of messages do you get? And do you remember what actions you took before getting those messages? Also, do you get them after quitting DeleD or when using DeleD?

Tutorials... well, I would like to write a couple but I don't have the time (fulltime job etc). Luckily, DeleD is pretty easy and there are always people willing to answer questions here. You're questions are almost always answered within a day. Smile
Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was just an error after quitting, something like a runtime error, i cant remember. If it happens agen i'll make sure to tell you guys, but its probably just my comp.

The first concept model for one of the main weapons in phoenix storm is currently being developed, so stay tuned!
Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here's the storyline update. Operation: Phoenix Storm will be a first person shooter set around nowadays, but it will (hopefully) incorporate some third person stealth elements as seen in splinter cell. The first level we are working on is something inspired by the film M:I2 - if it works it will be a blast.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: