Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The DeleD Wiki...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Wiki
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i can give also some secondary traffic exchange which you can for videos and public files. One Server in Berlin (Germany) (Shared) the other one in Zürich (Switzerland) (Dedicaded) with Backbone Access if there's enough interest.
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul-Jan wrote:
Ah, that's great! Feel free to catch up with me in the contributor top 10. Very Happy

I think we'll need to add streaming video to both the site and the Wiki soon, as it makes the video tutorials a lot more accessible. Just not sure hosting streaming video ourselves is too good an idea, we are already exceeding our bandwidth limits as it is. Very Happy

Streaming video may be a bit too much, and yow-tubing (youtube, if you've ever watched those "Vacuum Consortium" episodes you'll get it...) it may not be that great with the loss in quality. But that's all up to you.

I used Camtasia Studio 3 (the free offer that was posted on one of the off topic threads here a while back), and this was the first real chance I had to use it to make something meaningful...it was really a lot of fun, and for non-games a whole lot better than fraps (which I also have).

Anyways, I think highly of video tutorials...maybe we should even do video renderings of the written tutorials?
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started fiddling around with templates. Prior to my involvement with multiverse I wasn't really exposed much to wikis, but I've really grown fond of their use of using navigation windows, so I started making a few...all WIPs* of course. Organization of some pages might have to be tweaked (especially all the plug-in stuff) to accommodate.

You may notice, the main page was cleaned up. However, it's not a definitive alternative, since as stuff like tutorials and plugins grow we need to move all those to their pages devoted to them. And ideally (to me) have navigation windows from those pages to the subpages, and so on - to allow for very easy navigation between a lot of topics (also, we need to start defining categories...get things logically grouped).

For now, I just dumped in what we had, with default colors based on wikipedia/multiverse's start pages (the green/blue ensemble).

My User page has a "working" list of templates I created today, as well as any other templates I found while traversing the wiki.

Also, I posted this on the community page...but should we allow anonymous edits? I got a good seven edits in before I realized I wasn't logged on Laughing

*I started using the colors of the website...perhaps we should also get the wiki looking like the rest of delgine Smile
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is SO GREAT! I wanted to reorganize the main page anyway, it's stupid to have the entire content listed there. I created a tutorial page but didn't get further Laughing Great to see you've created templates! It would have taken me days to get something acceptable going.
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou for making the templates. They are great, and I can now help a bit. I've started with the colors already. 2 of the sections are deled colors now, and I will do some more work on that this weekend. (I'm almost late for work now)
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trucker2000 wrote:
Thankyou for making the templates. They are great, and I can now help a bit. I've started with the colors already. 2 of the sections are deled colors now, and I will do some more work on that this weekend. (I'm almost late for work now)

I was also referring to the background color layout of the wiki, but that's more in Paul-Jan's area to implement Smile
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Fletcher wrote:
This is SO GREAT! I wanted to reorganize the main page anyway, it's stupid to have the entire content listed there. I created a tutorial page but didn't get further Laughing Great to see you've created templates! It would have taken me days to get something acceptable going.

I'm now too sure about the DeleD Pro template (and now the tutorial template), initially I was thinking of them to be little banners you could flag right next to a feature (rather than being a page banner extending the width of the page), but I'm not sure...I tried the one I made out, and it looked like it wasn't right. So I'm not sure I'd call what I made acceptable yet Razz

Especially the templates for the plugin development - things got screwy with placing it in the code examples, so things are going to have to be re-organized. It's a start though, and that's what is important.
Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starnick wrote:
...initially I was thinking of them to be little banners you could flag right next to a feature (rather than being a page banner extending the width of the page), but I'm not sure...I tried the one I made out, and it looked like it wasn't right. So I'm not sure I'd call what I made acceptable yet Razz

Good idea, added two "DeleD PRO" Makers, one for fullsize pages which describes a feature. The other one more iconic for "in-text" use. Added the two to your profile/template page.

Edit: I think i would NOT use the DeleD Default brown/beige colors in the wiki. It doesn't fit and you need to design the wiki from the tpl files up...guess was nevery happy with these colors.
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, but it would be great if the overall wiki page template matched (just not colors of navbars, etc as I said earlier), that was the original idea.

Anyways, it's great to see movement on the wiki increased now Smile
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work, guys!

One big problem with Wiki skinning is that users are free to pick a different skin they want to view the Wiki in, breaking your design.

The other big problem is that I am totally, absolutely colorblind (well... to be honest, not totally... but pretty bad).

If anyone would be so kind to create a mockup screenshot we all agree it, I'll happily integrate it into the Wiki.

As a sidenote, I too am not too sure about keeping the Delgine style for the Wiki. I like how the default Wiki colors scream 'look at me, I'm a Wiki, please modify me' to anyone who has ever looked at a Wiki before (and with Wikipedia, that's about everyone). Also, not everyone likes the Delgine colors, but that's more of a long-term corporate decision for Jeroen and me. Like I said, I'm colorblind anyway, so I couldn't care less. Very Happy
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul-Jan wrote:
Great work, guys!

One big problem with Wiki skinning is that users are free to pick a different skin they want to view the Wiki in, breaking your design.

The other big problem is that I am totally, absolutely colorblind (well... to be honest, not totally... but pretty bad).

If anyone would be so kind to create a mockup screenshot we all agree it, I'll happily integrate it into the Wiki.

As a sidenote, I too am not too sure about keeping the Delgine style for the Wiki. I like how the default Wiki colors scream 'look at me, I'm a Wiki, please modify me' to anyone who has ever looked at a Wiki before (and with Wikipedia, that's about everyone). Also, not everyone likes the Delgine colors, but that's more of a long-term corporate decision for Jeroen and me. Like I said, I'm colorblind anyway, so I couldn't care less. Very Happy

Heh. To be honest, I like the Delgine colors...its aesthetically pleasing and soothing.

Where can we choose a skin? I didn't realize wikis had that for its users**

**Never mind...I seldom "look up" in a wiki...thats why you'll see this user:

137.99.146.77 (24)

quite a lot... Very Happy
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently, I only got the 2 parts colored. I haven't had any time to do the rest of the pages. Do you all want me to put the old colors back up? Or are they fine the way they are? I saved the original color numbers in a text file, so putting them back isn't too big a deal.
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, if we are changing the colors to the Delgine colors, the entire wiki should be changed like that.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree with Fletcher. I still like the Delgine colors very much and I would like to see the WIKI in the same colors. That would be awesome. Smile
Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, we need a styleguide. Colortables, an artist and some template defaults. Also, the [wiki]Article[/wiki] is in the making. For a "total conversion" of the Wiki with DeleD Colors we need a new logo and background.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Wiki All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: