Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lowpoly functions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Lowpoly functions Reply with quote

I'd like to add a few more lowpolygon functions. I'm thinking about adding "bevel" and "create polygon" (out of three selected vertices). What other lowpolygon functions would you like to see implemented?
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm i don't want you to immitate other programs (think of milkshape etc) but what about creating single vertices and connecting them to a polygon per hotkey link ctrl + p or something like that.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've created something simular just now. Just select 3 vertices (from multiple objects if you want) and use the (new) create command to create a polygon out of these vertices. It will create a new object containing that polygon and adds that object to the scene.

A refinement would be to let the user decide what to do with the polygon. If all original vertices belong to the same object, the new polygon could be added to that object immediately. If the vertices belong to different objects, you can choose:
-create a new object containing one polygon made of the selected vertices.
- merge all objects of which vertices are selected and add the new polygon to the merged object.

Next step is, indeed, to be able to just place vertices in your scene (that would be objects containing just 1 vertice and no polygons... not something my current datamodel/classmodel likes) and be able to create polygons out of them... Smile
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added the functionality regarding the creation of polygons to the Connect command (for vertices). Simply choose some vertices and DeleD will connect them, creating new polygons along the line while merging them with the selected objects, if you want.

This also works when all selected vertices belong to one polygon already, DeleD will split that polygon into multiple polygons. If the vertices do not belong to one polygon already, DeleD will create a new polygon out of the selected vertices and, if the user wants, merges it with the selected objects. This means you can now connect objects together by connecting vertices of those objects. Smile
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working hard again i see Very Happy (sounds cool)
dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
SneakyPete

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding some boolean operations, particularly a subtract or carve function, would be really great. Although I think it might be harder to implement than I realise Laughing
dirkk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I forgot that might be easy to implement:

a supplememt to the polyline function that instead of ( or additional to) tessalating the polygon, it should build walls orthogonal to the polyline (walls) and maybe even caps the top. This way a polyline could either be

a) the way it is now (a.k.a. the floor)
b) the floor plus walls
c) capped with a roof.

This would be an easy way to do simple levels.

[EDIT] I just found out - you can do this already in a simple way! Check tutorials for more info ...
The Flag

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really miss bevelling because it can be simulated eaesily in deled (scale + extrude)...i do however miss campher...it saves so much time when bevelling a single edge... saves poly's too... Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dirkk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another lowpoly (and low prio) request (I don't know how many people need this, and how much work it is to implement):

It's called bridging in Wings3D - you select two polygons with the same number of vertices, then you bridge them by creating edges from the vertices that lie next to each other, subsequently.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: