Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inevitable (Another FPS)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
handless
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Inevitable (Another FPS) Reply with quote

Hey,

I'm new to DeleD but it seems to me the best, and easiest, program to use when it comes to creating .x meshes that I have found, and the most affordable Wink . Anyway, my game is still in early development, and i'm the only one working on the project atm =/

Inevitable is an (FP) strategy shooter, like there isnt enough already Wink. It will take place not in the future and not in the past but present day, it will have slight moderation of course to include space( speed up nasa's research Cool ). There will be access to different climates. The style of gameplay will be involved around a first person perspective, with NewTon physics.

Modeling is done with DeleD Very Happy of course!
Mapping is done with GTKRadiant.
Graphics Engine is Irrlicht.
Sound/Music with Audiere.
NewTon for Physics.
RakNet for Networking and RakVoice will be enabled.

I got a temporary geocities site just so you guys can simply test out what I have done so far, its not much =/ But you WILL get a good feel for the enviroment. The current version is being debugged but will be out soon.

Download Inevitable Beta 1.0
http://www.geocities.com/io_beta/

Heres some screenshots for any who cares to see Wink
http://www.tristatesewingmachines.com/media/splash.jpg
http://www.tristatesewingmachines.com/media/splash2.jpg
http://www.tristatesewingmachines.com/media/splash3.jpg
http://www.tristatesewingmachines.com/media/splash4.jpg

Any comments, suggestions, are welcome Wink
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi handless Smile

Great level,love the diferent shapes Very Happy .what are you using to write the game !!
movement is smooth, although when i look up and walk forward it seems like it wants to jump Great start though Very Happy .Did you model the level in DeleD !!
(one thing i couldent stop it i had to reboot to come out of the game,am i doing something wrong!!)
Keep us posted Wink
dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey granada! thanks for compliment! Smile Ive got lots of new stuff to add to that demo, and it will look and feel much better when i finish the new build. I'm actually using MVC++6, and the map was made with GTKRadiant, but I have a feeling I might be switching to a new editor for my maps *looks at DeleD and ponders*. Anyways, I don't have an exit command on that demo so untill I do press "alt-f4" to close it. Very Happy

-jesse
handless
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to warn you, I have a bad habit of not logging in Crying or Very sad ^ the guest was me^

-jesse
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I might be switching to a new editor for my maps *looks at DeleD and ponders*.

Cool Very Happy keep us posted

dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice screenshots, keep us posted on your progress. I think I would quickly get disoriented with all the floors and walls being tilted and skewed, especially during heavy shootouts Smile

p.s. If you decide to keep using GTKRadiant for map editing, we would very much like you to tell us what DeleD features you were missing. GTKRadiant use quite a different approach to map editing, but any pointers on improving DeleD are always more than welcome!
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, this looks really promising! I like games with high FOV Wink
btw - what would the game concept be like? Is it like Natural Selection, the wonderful Halflife Modification?
handless
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, natural selection inspired me to make this game.. But I'm really thinking of taking a different approach, other than space, since its been done to death...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: