Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plane projection UV mapping

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fik

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Plane projection UV mapping Reply with quote

Hi here is the next little plugin I have made this one is to Plane map from a selected axis a selected object.
Edit -- Link removed corrected version see below....
Hope this is usefull to some, especially with the contest going on (Please have a backup if you use for this just in case!)
If you want to Plane map part of an object,select polys and detatch. Then use this plugin on that . Then select original and what you extracted and merge. Make sure you do not move either object and you will not have to weld vertices (which will destroy UV mapping just done ). The merge function will weld the overlapping vertices if they in exactly same place still Very Happy .

Last edited by fik on Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, good work!

I gave it a quick spin, and I get the followin error whenever I press the OK button:

Quote:
Conitialize has not been called.

1. Fixing this would be nice, as I would really like to see your plugin in action! Smile
2. Out of curiosity, what exactly are you using COM for in this plugin?

p.s. Note: I am testing this with the development build of DeleD, but as we've never done anything with COM, I don't think that affects things.

p.p.s. Hint: If you don't get this error yourself, it might be that one of the OTHER plugins you have installed calls CoInitialize (for example, the NuXporter by Jon Watte). It only needs to be called once per process. I, however, have the default set of DeleD PRO plugins installed, and none of those calls CoInitialize.
fik

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops yes one of my other plugins in my folder calls coinitialize so i dont get that error.
I am using for the microsoft Xml reader so i think you need IE installed to but i would guess very few don't have even if they don't use Very Happy
Will Try to post a version working before i go away for a week thsi afternoon, else will be a bit of a wait Sad
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, good you figured that out. I think you can safely assume the microsoft xml reader will work properly on 99.999% of all systems running DeleD Very Happy.

Take your time releasing the new version, we'll patiently wait for it to come out. I'll test it and put it up in the DeleD plugins section then.
fik

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi That would be great Paul-Jan here is a link to the fixed version.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?oasst40zv85

Hope you like and it comes in handy. I have found it to save a lot of time Very Happy
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job, works like a charm, just put it online [url]right here[/url].

My remarks:
1. If I don't save the .DXS first, it resets the materials.

2. It doesn't handle non-square textures the way I would expect it too. I create a 512x256 rectangle, create a 512x256 texture, and now use your plugin. It only maps the top half of the texture, so I had to manually scale up the mapping. (As a sidenote, our UV mapper displays such a non-square texture as a square, squeezing it, which is also not really convenient.)

3. It would be nice if there was an option to only map the selected faces (you could do this implicitly: if any faces are selected, project those... if not, project everything). If you are mapping anything that actually has 3 dimensions, you never are going to get away with a single project for all faces, so it would be nice to be able to include/exclude some faces.
fik

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Very Happy Paul-Jan.
On your remarks -
1. I can't make this happen will test again more.

2. It is the way I believe it should work. As it is projecting object onto flat 2d plane of UV map which is square and takes no notice of texture map dimensions.

3.Yes that would be very very nice to be able to do directly Wink
The only way I can find now is to add a special material for selecting,which would have to be added to each face and then removed after use. Which is a bit of a bind. but then having to extract selected faces and merging back as you have to do at moment is too. As long as nothing else done to scene between, I have found no problem with Uv mapping being messed up and vertexes are welded too so is quite useable Very Happy

I am working on a couple of plugins that work with faces and or vertexs marking with special material or colour but they far from complete yet.
I may well revisit this one when that is working fully as I would like. Or amore direct altenative exists. Although i do see why the plugin interface is low on priorty list Smile
fik

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Working out ways to get selections I have found fault in my decoding of Deled scenes which cause a crash if Poly or Vertex tags are set(overlooked these as possible )
Good news is have Fix Decoding routine and redone this plugin
Very Happy now to include polygon selection Very Happy
Bit of a work round but very usable. Here is link
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qqi4uwijzka

Please Paul-Jan if you could find time please replace one in plugins with this (if you like it that is else I can recompile original with corrected decoding. So tag set dosen't cause a crash)

p.s this does not effect autosave plugin. Randomise Plugin includes this yo now on verticies
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: