Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DBO Exporter 2.0 on line

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: DBO Exporter 2.0 on line Reply with quote

Hi all,
I've released DBO Exporter 2.0 to be used with DeleD 1.6+.
You can use DBO files generated with Dark Basic Professional (tested with version 6.6).
I've made just a conversion to new plugin system adding some new instructions to handle alpha channel in colors too.
To know more, please refer to included manual.
You can download DBOExporter from http://www.ilbuzzo.net/downloads/DBOExporter.zip [just 160 KB].
Give a look to following image (Neuchwastein with lights and collision data for Newton loaded):

Any comment welcome.
Please note that for new features or additions I'll accept suggestions but I'll implement after the end of June (only bugfixes this month).
Bye all Wink
fangelico

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work , i use it all the time.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work, as usual, II Buzzo! Very Happy
fangelico

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it deserves to be on the PlugIn page.
Razz
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be a.s.a.p!
fangelico

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is asking too much , but a .dbo importer would be rad
cheers
feejo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked to me but the textures are gone, also it can't be found in the plug-in page anymore. Do you have any update on it?
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really needs to be on the plugin pages, but we somehow never got around to do it. Embarassed

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to export the texture for me either, so I am really hoping Il Buzzo can find the time to quickfix this! Smile
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plugin works for me including textures with DarkBasic Professional, thee plugin copy the needed textures in a directory just if you select it in main page of plugin. After this remember that when loading the dbo object the directory containing textures must be in the same directory of containing the dbo file to load it.
From the help file I wrote:
Quote:

You must choose if you want to export all needed textures or not. If you decide to export all textures then you can choose a folder name where you want to export. You must pay a lot of attention cause the wanted directory will be created in the folder where the DBO is saved, and in DBO are written reference to a relative path for textures, in example if I decide to export all textures to "Media" directory, then in DBO I'll find reference to Media\texturename.jpg etc... You must notice as well that if you indicate a subpath like Media\Textures the directory will be created (and the files exported) only if Media directory exists. As last thing I must say that if you leave blank the folder name, textures will be exported in the same dir of DBO file.

I retested more than once and worked in all conditions (DarkBasic Pro 6.6b), so please try again or send me a picture of settings screen you are using.
I've never tested this plugin in Vista environment but should work, the only trouble is that I cannot recompile cause I lost source code of almost all my plugins so I have to rewrite from scratch.
Let me know Wink
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tested DBO file generated with DarkBasic Pro Update 6.9 too and worked as usual...no problems at all.
Bye all Wink and let me know more
feejo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to ask such a question. But if I am creating a stack of box in deleD. And want to export them into DBP I use the DBO exporter (thanks to the creator). How dose it work? Do I need to delete every object and keep one in the scene, export it to dbo. Or do I need to create a block, then export, delete, create the 2nd, export delete. If I create it with a name would it keep that name in DBP?

Then into DBP I will load all those dbo one by one using
load file xyz.bdo ,1 `.1 to create object 1

Maybe I can add that suggestion
Hi thanks for the DBO exporter plug-in for DeleD.
Maybe some suggestions.

- All object created in DBO have a object name, it would be good (no great) that when that object is selected it keep the same name when the file is saved into DBO.

- May I make 2 more suggestions. When selecting all object, that they all be exported according to their object name of DeleD they have.

- A last one, that it generate the dark basic pro following command including the file name and automaticaly pasted into the clip boad so we can copy them directly into DBP or to copy them directly into the actual program. Or just generate a text file that we can copy to DBP.

Ex: The file 1.dbo 2.dbo 3.dbo is created. Then it copy the following text into DBP

load file "1.dbo",1
Load file "2.dbo" ,2

So all files created are then ready to use in DBP. It can save many houres of work.

Reply to me for any questions.

Thanks

Thanks
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi feejo,
I'll try to answer to your questions.

Quote:

Do I need to delete every object and keep one in the scene, export it to dbo. Or do I need to create a block, then export, delete, create the 2nd, export delete. If I create it with a name would it keep that name in DBP?

None of what you mentioned. Owing to the fact that DeleD is intended to create scenes you can export a full scene (in each DBO scene DeleD objects are grouped as DBO object syblings keeping their own names). But if you want, you can export selected objects as a single DBO object. Just as an example, let's say you've created two blocks in DeleD (block 1 and 2). You can open DBO export plugin after selecting block 1 and save DBO file by choosing "Selected objects" option. You can repeat the procedure to save block 2 without destroing anything.

Quote:

All object created in DBO have a object name, it would be good (no great) that when that object is selected it keep the same name when the file is saved into DBO.

You can give objects your preferred name in DBO scene name, remember that scene has subojects (called syblings in DBO format files, each with DeleD original name).

Quote:

A last one, that it generate the dark basic pro following command including the file name and automaticaly pasted into the clip boad so we can copy them directly into DBP or to copy them directly into the actual program. Or just generate a text file that we can copy to DBP.

Could be an idea but owing to the fact that DBP is mainly used to create a game engine (and not to load only few objects) it's not so needed (in my DBP scripts, levels are automatically loaded once they are in a defined directory). I can add such a mode (if community really needs) but remember that the more DBO single objects you load the worst are engine performances. So if in an engine you have a static level made of 200 boxes it's better to load as a static level instead of 200 single objects, or just leave few boxes that can be moved.

Bye all Wink
feejo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot for your answers. Why am I interested to create couple of ojbects it is to put various effect on them. But I guess by being able to select only one I can export it alone by selecting it, then put effect on it. Ex: ice that will be slippery. I intend to use Dark Physic for that kinda of stuff. But thanks to tell me that more object there is more it is compute time. But in Dark Physics, all stuff are controled by the PhysX engine that is on the video card. And game will use more and more physic, so in the future there will be more objects in place.

Thanks alot.
feejo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I have a question, and a suggestion.
- I save a DBO, and Texture was selected. But when I load the dbo I have the object but not the texture.

Suggestion: to be able to change the default place in the Hard Drive where you can save the file DBO, same for the Texture.

Thanks
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi feejo,
if you read the help file you'll find what you're asking for Wink.
In DBO exporter it is possible to save DBO file as well as textures in directories or subdirectories. In example you save DBO file in directory C:\Files and writing in the textures subdirectory field (in the exporter window) "Media" ,in example, you'll find your textures in directory C:\Files\Media. The good thing is that when you load your DBO file from directory C:\Files it will track automatically textures in directory Media. It means also, obviously, that when you move your DBO you should move your directory Media as well, but since you mantain the relationship you can move and load file from where you want.
If you leave, on the contrary, the field blank, textures are saved in the same directory of the DBO file.
The reason for this is that texturing is not so easy within DarkBasic Pro and to ensure the same result obtained with DeleD it's better to have everything done. Maybe it's not your case but think to a whole level with 30 textures or more combined...
Bye
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: