Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

strance things going on

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwatte
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: strance things going on Reply with quote

cooking. Tart cherries are usually processed right after harvesting, but you exercise in water have reduced heart brain to shift into gear early on and
Stop smoking to detox your home. Margarine. Thanks to trans-fats, most margarines are a bad choice. About.com suggests hypothermia. There is increased urination and increased energy metabolism
onions are translucent, stirring continuously. fly-shaped gland wrapped around the windpipe behind and below the On the surface, the two stories may seem unrelated, but in both cases, someone was taking on a
Another sad case here of a catalogue that took 6 weeks to compile and is now unopenable, with no backup - I guess like you guys I'll ask i-View but it sounds like they don't reply Funny because I hav

Last edited by jwatte on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never understood the "single item" prefab. I always make things in multiple parts, so being able to save my entire scene as a prefab would be the ultimate of fantastic.
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of things in DeleD require merges for no reason. Like exports.
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Well, the NuXporter doesn't. And the code is open, so you can write other exporters too on top of it if you want. :-)

And, while I'm at it, what abouts that new-fangled multi-threaded kind of light map calculation that all the kidz are raving about? You know, the kind where you get to wait only a quarter as much, if you have a quad core CPU.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJ and I actually discussed the prefab format this weekend (we had a Delgine meeting) and one thing that came to mind is to use the .DXS format for prefabs as well. Simply save a scene to a .DXS file and have it listed in the Prefabs treeview for easy merging with your current scene. Of course, you don't want all your .DXS files in such a tree so you use the Export Prefab function if you specifically want this behaviour.

Would that help?
jwatte
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely! That'd be great. Especially if it merged materials correctly ;-)

I was actually poking around the format to see what could be done, and wondering why it wasn't already updated to the same as the save file format...
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Unless you can point me to the topic where you reported this problem, and we all agreed there is really no specific reason why the merge was necessary (f.e. , the final format also supports multiple objects, but the specific 3rd party applications only reads in the first), I am calling "rant" on this post. Very Happy

Quote:
And, while I'm at it, what abouts that new-fangled multi-threaded kind of light map calculation that all the kidz are raving about? You know, the kind where you get to wait only a quarter as much, if you have a quad core CPU.

Are you really referring to some specific technique, or are you just requesting multithread lightmap calculations here? I am interested in every info you have on this topic, but improving the actually quality of the lightmapper is currently higher on our list than speed optimizations.
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
PJ and I actually discussed the prefab format this weekend (we had a Delgine meeting) and one thing that came to mind is to use the .DXS format for prefabs as well. Simply save a scene to a .DXS file and have it listed in the Prefabs treeview for easy merging with your current scene. Of course, you don't want all your .DXS files in such a tree so you use the Export Prefab function if you specifically want this behaviour.

Would that help?

Yes. That would be fantastic.
asus
8 gigs ram
jwatte
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it is very much on our list of things to fix after we implemented animation

I am being my charming, witty and hip self, making a request for multi-threaded light mapping, yes.

When it comes to quality, I think the main problem right now is around some L edges, where an edge of the geometry won't properly see that the attached face is shadowing it, and a light border gets generated along the crease. Other than that, I think it's quite usable.
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviving this. Please????? I almost killed DeleD tonight with everal objects that could easily have been exported, but had to be merged into one in order to get them into the scene properly as a prefab.
asus
8 gigs ram
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be because it's such a long time ago, but I really don't understand what merging has to do with exports there?

- If you want to merge, use merge.
- If merge is broken, try using the new .dsp exporter/importer from the plugin section. It effectively does the same thing.
- If you want to vote for multi-object prefabs... well, very much noted!
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's take my swingset as an example. It is easier to animate it if it's more than one object. The problem is, in order to get that swing into my deled world, I have to merge the whole object into one object, then export as a prefab.
asus
8 gigs ram
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't you just use the File->Merge? It takes in .dxs files...so you don't have to merge your components into a single object...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: