Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello World!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think it would be productive to have a seperate forum thread specifically for "Bios" or "New Member Introductions / Shout-Outs?"
Naw.... Newbs like RATFather suck anyway....
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Only if the Newbs give us sammiches too...
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Maybe....
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Interesting option... we'll think about it, then our people will call your people and we'll do lunch over it.
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

RATFather
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Hello World! Reply with quote

Hi folks!

Just wanted to introduce myself to this great community I have been silently watching and learning from on the sidelines.

Elementrix, Fletcher, afecelis, MeinenM, all others... your art rocks. Pure and simple; awesome inspiration!

---

I am currently diving deep into DeleD and Texture Maker. I really would like to create great pieces of work that can be used directly in a game engine (Multiverse specifically). However, based on observing all your work and my current skill level - I would give myself, realistically, a good year to a year and a half before I feel comfortably proficient.

That said, I am not deterred. I feel passionate about this, in all my newburism of it. Very Happy

Me - Gamer since 4th grade (which would be 1979... say anything and I'll beat you with my cane!). Retired from the Navy this past August. Currently a General Manager Trainee for Smurfit-Stone (www.smurfit.com). Professional white collar by day, wannabe gamer geek by night. Smile Wife, 2 kids, Blood Type B-

That about sums it up. I plan on being a bit more active in the forums and such, so if I ask you guys lame a$$ questions, I appreciate REALLY your patience and help. I will ONLY ask if I can't find an adequate answer to my issue via the 'search' function. I have my own website w/forums, so I know how frustrating answering the same question 28 times is. lol

I'm starting my first 'real' model tonight after I get off work (night shift: 1530 - 0000), so I'm anxiously looking forward to that. Yes.... I'm at work right now.... ssshhhhh.... Wink

Sorry for the 'Hemingway' post, but I thought I'd give a shout out before I just start posting and people wondering... 'who is this guy anyways?' lol, I've actually owned DeleD since 2006, but was interrupted a bit with a visit to a really hot and sandy place far, far away.

Thanks all! Have a great DeleDay!

- RF
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome RATFather and thanks for this awesome introduction Very Happy

Don't mind asking questions here, we're glad if we can help you Smile

I'm moving this to Off-Topic though, because it's not really DeleD-Related. Perhaps it would be a good idea though, to have some kind of Meta or Community category for threads like this.
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. I can see a introduction thread/board, usually it helps promote the community, and delgine has a great community. Of course, some may think its clutter too.

Glad there's another multiverse user here, have you checked out the multiverse exporter plugin?
RATFather
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why yes I have. Smile

I believe I have my pipeline in order. If your interested, I'll post my design flow, what software I'm using for what, and you can tell me where I'm screwed up at if that's ok with you. Smile
[K]hajit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to deled =D
santutatu
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, and good luck on modelling Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must have been a submariner.

Welcome to the DeleD community. Yes, as has been said, this is a great community. Don't worry about the newbie questions. We have all asked them. Can't wait to see what you do with deled.
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hello there RATFather, and welcome to these forums! Very Happy

It's really great to see you being that enthousiastic. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Andreas233223

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, nice to see a new interested face here
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: