Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When the next update?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: When the next update? Reply with quote

Sorry to ask, I know you all hate this question, but whens the nexts update? Really hoping for the animation that you all are working on=)
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know! I know!

Soon(tm) Laughing
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read a post on the beta-testers forum saying that they want 2.0 to be released in three weeks (easter), unless some huge bug appears, which is unlikely IMHO. Smile
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct. We aim for a release in 3 weeks. Let's make it happen!

Btw, please do not expect too much from DeleD's animation. It's suitable for animating simple things like elevators, doors, billboards etc but nothing fancy beyond that really. For now, it's aimed at animating level-parts, not organics like characters (although with a little patience, animating characters is certainly possible).
fik

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for this to be released. Really looking forward to trying the animation fetures Very Happy
adr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jeroen"]That is correct. We aim for a release in 3 weeks. Let's make it happen!

Btw, please do not expect too much from DeleD's animation. It's suitable for animating simple things like elevators, doors, billboards etc but nothing fancy beyond that really. For now, it's aimed at animating level-parts, not organics like characters (although with a little patience, animating characters is certainly possible).[/quote]

Oh I know, I know how this goes =) (I been here for a while and seen how Deled has grown up) But still, it will give new life to the editor it self and our creations so its a ++ all around.

Only thing I have to ask is, will it be cross portable to other game engines?
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Well, you can write your own import/export plugins to use with your own software/engine. DeleD allready has a few importers/exporters which can be used with quite alot of engines. Smile
adr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I know ^^: I just mean, make it so the (for example) export .x model can export the animations too, unless it can all ready, idk lol. Forgot who made the plugin but it be nice to add it in=)
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chronozphere wrote:
Quote:

Well, you can write your own import/export plugins to use with your own software/engine. DeleD allready has a few importers/exporters which can be used with quite alot of engines. Smile

Yeah its really up to the pipeline to your engine and if your engine supports animation (usually the case heh). All it is data, just gotta know how to parse it.

I'm looking forward to animation myself, even if it may be simple. My importer for jMonkey shall be upgraded in a month then hehe Smile
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adr wrote:

It will be, but not in 2.0 just yet. I plan to write a BVH exporter plugin for DeleD somewhere between 2.0 and 2.1 because that format seems to be widely supported (if I am mistaken about that, please do correct me!). DirectX .X and other fileformats are next as we definately realize the importance of being able to connect with other apps out there.

Btw, as all info is written to the DXS, obviously, anybody can write a converter of some sort when 2.0 comes out. Just in case you don't want to wait for any plugin. Like Starnick said, it's just data, and it's right there waiting for you in the DXS. Wink
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
adr wrote:

It will be, but not in 2.0 just yet. I plan to write a BVH exporter plugin for DeleD somewhere between 2.0 and 2.1 because that format seems to be widely supported (if I am mistaken about that, please do correct me!). DirectX .X and other fileformats are next as we definately realize the importance of being able to connect with other apps out there.

Btw, as all info is written to the DXS, obviously, anybody can write a converter of some sort when 2.0 comes out. Just in case you don't want to wait for any plugin. Like Starnick said, it's just data, and it's right there waiting for you in the DXS. Wink

Speaking of BVH...someone at jmonkey found a treasure trove of motion capture data provided by the Carnegie Mellon university for free (commercial use even), here's a link:

http://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed.com/cgspeed/motion-capture/cmu-bvh-conversion
Grandmaster B
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannot wait to get my hands on this. Are the old plugins compatible?

Regarding exporting animations:
BVH is just bones, you will loose all connectivity to the mesh. DirectX is better in my opinion.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grandmaster B wrote:
BVH is just bones, you will loose all connectivity to the mesh. DirectX is better in my opinion.

Very good point, I didn't realize that! I'll work on our DirectX exporter/importer instead. Thanks for the mention! Smile
elementrix
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use .fbx alot, it supports everything afaik
userboo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could emitter bones be placed into a model for particle effects using v2.0?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: