Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deled & 3d Gamestudio

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poseidon
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Deled & 3d Gamestudio Reply with quote

Hi!

I have read in the forum that anybody has done the questions on Deled and 3d Gamestudio,
Also I am an old user of 3d Gamestudio, and I now have seen the Feature of Deled also, in any way could be compatible with 3dGs, but until to a certain point, you need export the map created with Deled in X format, but then need load it in Med (the model editor of 3dGs) for then export it in MDL7 format.
All this could be simplified if could be create a plugin that export the map created with Deled in .Wmp format (Worldmap) or .map with the texture and the lightmap!
I believe and am very sure, that they would be happy many many user of 3dGs, of know this! Razz Razz Razz
For more information about the Wmp file format or MDL7 you could look at www.3dgamestudio.com Cool

greetings.
Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Deled & 3d Gamestudio Reply with quote

poseidon wrote:
Wmp format (Worldmap) or .map with the texture and the lightmap!

I'm not familiar with these kinds of formats, but afaik the Torque Exporter "export" to *.map files. So you may check that. You can find the exporter here
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too sure if the .MAP files are or a similar format, but AFAIK the GameStudio map format is brush-based as well. The MDL7 format is polygon based, which would be a lot easier to write a proper exporter for.
poseidon
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Deled & 3d Gamestudio Reply with quote

Yes this would be very nice and very useful for many people.. Smile Smile

greet..
poseidon
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul-Jan wrote:
The MDL7 format is polygon based, which would be a lot easier to write a proper exporter for.

Then Paul, justify if I are too impatient, then what do you have decided to do? create this plugin for export two types of model, one with the lightmap and one with the texture? could I wait for? if you need anything from 3dGS let me know.

sincerely
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to be honest, it's not on the very top of our priority list, so I can't give you a time frame at this point.

The good news is that DeleD's plugin system allows anyone (with sufficient programming capabilities) to develop such an exporter, there is no reason why it would have to be produced by Delgine.
userboo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump bump, i think a 3dgs plugin would be rather nice.
Grandmaster B
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are the format specifications for the MAP and WMP files for GS?
userboo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grandmaster B wrote:
Where are the format specifications for the MAP and WMP files for GS?

Under open source:

http://www.conitec.net/english/gstudio/download.php

If you can just click the link down here then this is the file with all the information on the file formats.

http://server.conitec.net/down/wmpmdlsdk7.zip
Grandmaster B
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SDK for GameStudio seems to be worth nothing if you want to create new WMP files. Im willing to help to create a GS exporter but this should probably be done with a GS developer assisting.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: