Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(alpha) Object to texture

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: (alpha) Object to texture Reply with quote

This is basically not meant for public because it's still buggy and It doesn't work like I expected it to do. But since I don't know when I will work on it again (I'll probably rewrite it completely then) and because I wanted Adar to see this, I'll upload it for everybody, maybe someone can use it already.

The idea is that some people, incidently I belong to those people, are good at modeling but bad at making textures. With this plugin, you can "model your texture". You create and object, optionally lightmap it and the plugin will take a picture of the object(s) and create a new material with that texture, so you can easily create textures out of some arbitrary objects.

Try it out.

(nov 5 2008: updated the link, again, without a readme.txt, sorry)

Last edited by Mr.Fletcher on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great idea. Smile I like making objects and using the lighting as the only texture. That usually works out great. Smile
Thankyou. I'll definately give it a whirl.
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
Adar
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: (alpha) Object to texture Reply with quote

Mr.Fletcher wrote:
This is basically not meant for public because it's still buggy and It doesn't work like I expected it to do. But since I don't know when I will work on it again (I'll probably rewrite it completely then) and because I wanted Adar to see this, I'll upload it for everybody, maybe someone can use it already.

The idea is that some people, incidently I belong to those people, are good at modeling but bad at making textures. With this plugin, you can "model your texture". You create and object, optionally lightmap it and the plugin will take a picture of the object(s) and create a new material with that texture, so you can easily create textures out of some arbitrary objects.

Try it out.

It's an interesting idea though not really what I meant.. Smile
What I meant was having a brush to color a mesh but instead of using a color use a texture.. you can use as many textures as you want on that mesh and paint over the mesh with them however you want.. then you can produce a texture combining all the paintings you did with those other textures..
I don't think you can do that in Deled but your object placer plugin, with some tweaking can make it really close.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea! Keep us posted and if you want us to host this gem when it's done, let me know! Smile
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: (alpha) Object to texture Reply with quote

Adar wrote:
What I meant was having a brush to color a mesh but instead of using a color use a texture.. you can use as many textures as you want on that mesh and paint over the mesh with them however you want.. then you can produce a texture combining all the paintings you did with those other textures..

Perhaps you mean something like Tattoo?
Adar
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: (alpha) Object to texture Reply with quote

Mr.Fletcher wrote:
Adar wrote:

Perhaps you mean something like Tattoo?

Well actually I'm very satisfied with your object placer plugin.. it doesn't mess up other textures and like I wrote, it's very useful the way it is, just needs a bit tweaking in placement utilities.
AWM Mars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This why I like reading most of the content in Forums, you come across some very useful information, saves you asking stupid questions most of the time lol.

The idea of using say a Terrain Brush, where you can choose say a Grass texture, paint a large expanse, then select a Path brush texture then paint your path onto the mesh. I remember a MS game (Age Of Empires) that came with a Level editor, and it had a series of T and staggered junctions etc (albeit we would need to create those) the Path texture would need to support alphas so they can be used with any background terrain texture.

I imagine using such things as seashore 'brushes', Mountain, Lowland, Highland etc terrain textures.

If you create a mesh terrain, that has been smoothed and UV mapped, then 'painting' a strip of Alpha based transition texture between grass to seashore edge, then painting a sand texture down to the water edge.

The transition textures can be a 4 layered texture. 1st layer say the transition strip with alpha on one side, blocking the layer below, 2nd layer the sand, 3rd layer transition strip with alpha on one side, blocking the layer below, 4th the grass. I believe this would have to be done in say Gimp or Photoshop using layered masks. Texture alignment would have to be precise.

Checkout:
http://www.awm.mars.yourinside.com/
http://www.bccservices.co.uk
http://www.localtradecheck.co.uk
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: