Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Submerged
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD 3D Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen: Thanks man. Smile

Here is another screenshot of the cave.

- Timpuktu
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been having alot of fun building this cave, so i desided to test how it would look in unity3D. Also it gave me chance to use Psionic3D's awesome dwarf model. Cool

Here is a screenshot from Unity3D:

Anyway ill keep posting new stuff here as this could be just a post for all my creations. Smile

Edit: I have been building my cave some more today and here is another two screenshots of it.

- Timpuktu
John
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's some very good work. It wouldn't hurt to put this in a professional blog. Might help you get a job one day. Smile
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John: Thanks for your kind words. I am just a hobbyist (my real work dosnt involve computers). I dont mean that it would not want to be professional but it a long way before i think i can call myself that. Smile

Also this project is also using textures by Philip (See first post) and i can only wish that i could create textures as good as he can. Im still going to practice texture creation but for now ill use he's textures to get that professional look. Cool

- Timpuktu
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,i realy like this work (my sort of thing Very Happy ) please keep us posted.

Dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580

Last edited by granada on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
harper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice work - but, if i am allowed to, would spend some more poly's especially to the edge of the floor, where the texture changes.
And maybe a smooth transition between those two textures? AWM Mars has shown the technique for doing it somewhere.
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harper wrote:
Really nice work - but, if i am allowed to, would spend some more poly's especially to the edge of the floor, where the texture changes.
And maybe a smooth transition between those two textures? AWM Mars has shown the technique for doing it somewhere.

Yes im going planing to do some smoother transition between the ground and rock texture but this is still very much wip work and alot might change during development so i dont want to go too deep into detail. i might even add new entrance to the main area, so as i said it's in the making. Smile

Thanks granada, ill keep posting new images here as the map evolves to something.. something. Laughing

- Timpuktu
mappy
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too like all these screenies Cool

Nice job !
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mappy. Smile

I have been thinking of my cave and i had an idea that i would make a world inside a cave. So basically, East is asian style, South is Middle east style, North is Scandinavian style and west is european style in dark ages.

This way i could try my hands at alot of different architechtural styles and get alot of variation in my cave world.

Anyway here is couple of new shots of middle eastern style'ish. Still very much wip's but i wanted to see how it would look in unity3D. Smile

- Timpuktu
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it Very Happy .

Dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granada: Thanks. I realy like your work also, so much detail it's breath taking. Smile

Newest image for harper and rest of you to show that there shall be blending. Twisted Evil

Edit: Here is another sneak peak of the new style test area, it's going places. Smile
Now i need sleep. More to come later.

- Timpuktu
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work there Timpuktu! Very Happy I especially love the screenshots with lighting and middle eastern style. Really nice! Cool
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jeroen. tbh i think, that it dosnt look middle eastern that much yet, more like dark age castle look with nice textures. Laughing

Im going to do some research and reference finding to get it more mid eastern look. Still, thanks again for your support.

- Timpuktu
AWM Mars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Looks like this project is coming on very well.

With regard to the Middle Eastern look not perhaps being right, the windows you are using have a Norman Arch design and less Middle East.

Try introducing a corbel to the 'Shoulder Joints' (where the arch begins from the uprights), and they would use a lot of lattice/fret work in their windows, simply because they want airflow but block/shade the sunlight.

A lot of grand design buildings would have used a Column feature for the upright parts of the window/door frame. The arches would also have been flared and included a lot of decorative inlays in the grand designs.

http://www.superstock.com/stock-photography/East+window

Checkout:
http://www.awm.mars.yourinside.com/
http://www.bccservices.co.uk
http://www.localtradecheck.co.uk
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWM Mars:
Thanks for your input. Regarding those windows you are propably right, but i think ill keep em because i like the texture.
Also im not going for realism realy just take different things out of real world and but them in my cave.
I am planning to do a big cathedral / mosque type of building with window type that you explained. Also this area could be more like area between european and middle eastern.

All:
Here is a new screenshot of the newest area.

- Timpuktu
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD 3D Modelling All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: