Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Submerged
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD 3D Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
A constant 60+ here too. It does run in a rather small window. Can we get it fullscreen?

I will later make a main menu for it where you can change the resolution, fullscreen mode, etc. I actually disabled the right mouse button context menu where you could set it to fullscreen mode. Ill enabled it for now. Smile

- Timpuktu
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, that's better. Smile It still runs around 60 here, in fullscreen, too.

Btw, love the idea of being able to climb all that way to the top in that level. Smile
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen:
Yeah my idea was that, you could see the main cave area (hub) in many different angles. Smile

All:
Here is new screenshot from DeleD at new area for the cave, i made it today. Smile

Also i'm thinking of increasing the FOV of the player camera, because it feels to me that everything at your face constantly. It's currently 60 so ill try experimenting with it.

Edit: I think it's done, only needs props and nice lighting. Smile

Edit 2: I was too quick to say that it's done when actually it wasn't. I realized when i look at the image that there is area where you could not get, atleast not without jumping. So here is newest screenshot of it.

- Timpuktu
AWM Mars

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at your scene and thought you might like a bed. I knocked this one up in a few minutes, and even if you don't want it for your scene, anyone is free to use it for whatever reason they wish, with the exception no one sells it directly, or passes it off as their own modelling.

It is in Prefab format, so just drop it into the Prefab folder. Currently it's textured with standard textures, ready to recieve your own. I've done the UV orientation already.

http://www.working.yourinside.com/DeleD/Models/ShortPosterBed.dpf

Enjoy Smile

Checkout:
http://www.awm.mars.yourinside.com/
http://www.bccservices.co.uk
http://www.localtradecheck.co.uk
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWM Mars:
I like that bed model and ill check it out, thanks. Cool

All:
Last screenshot of tonight and day after tomorrow im going away from home so there will be short break before ill post anything new.

I'm also thinking of making this into somekind of game and my idea was an first person adventure game.
Im thinking of a dialog system, so you can talk to every NPC in the cave. I had an idea that some people in the cave have not seen the sun ever,
so it might have had affected them one way or other. Wink

- Timpuktu
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all. I've been planning my cave world some more and i thought that the cave might get so big that it would need some fast way to get around the cave.

So i thought i will make an underground railway system that will connect different areas together for fast transport. Here is first shots of the railway station at asian area.

This is the ticket office, where you would buy yourself an ticket and then go to downstairs to the train platform.

Here is the stairs to train platform.

Next i will make the train platform area but before it i need to deside how big my train is and also how would it look like.
Im thinking of somekind of mix of steam punk and art deco. Or maybe it will be something completely different, so don't hold your breath. Wink

- Timpuktu
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the interior scenes need a little more "life", so to speak. Put some decorations in there and make it a little more "rough", perhaps?
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
I think the interior scenes need a little more "life", so to speak. Put some decorations in there and make it a little more "rough", perhaps?

Im working on prop models to put to the world like furniture, tools, books, etc. Right now i want to do the architecture stuff first.
Also im thinking to maybe add more rock formations there to get it feel more natural and also some plant life would not do any harm.

Another idea is that some areas might be abandoned long time ago, so expect broken stuff and maybe cobwebs. Cool

- Timpuktu
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timpuktu wrote:
Jeroen wrote:

Im working on prop models to put to the world like furniture, tools, books, etc. Right now i want to do the architecture stuff first.
Also im thinking to maybe add more rock formations there to get it feel more natural and also some plant life would not do any harm.

Another idea is that some areas might be abandoned long time ago, so expect broken stuff and maybe cobwebs. Cool

- Timpuktu

All that sounds excellent - keep us posted! Smile
AWM Mars

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a cave environment, it's doubtful any plant life would exist. What would give the scenes some 'depth' would be some 'Dirty' overlays, which I'm sure you already have in hand. The textures look to new otherwise.

You can checkout this thread, to see if any previous models I've made and offered to the community, are of any use for you, no point reinventing the wheel Smile

http://www.delgine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4188

Checkout:
MadMikeAU

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plant life, no. But, mushrooms, yes. They dont need light to grow, only damp.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most games that have dungeons and/or caves also feature plants. I don't really mind if this isn't realistic because, let's face it, lots of situations in games aren't realistic. So if it's up to me, go add some plants too! Wink

P.s. my favorite game of all-times is Ultima Underworld. Lots of dungeons with plants to discover. Wink
AWM Mars

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love debates.. and where they lead to. Obviously, this is simply my opinion.... perhaps give thought to a heavy root system, giving the impression of a 'mole' environment, weaving in and out of the underground plant root system that prevails in 'real life'.

Perhaps if you plan no access to the 'surface', then its totally believable to have a biological habitat underground, supporting vegetation and plant life for consumption and pleasure.... possibly leading to some areas of 'unlicensed' plant-life Twisted Evil

Checkout:
chronozphere
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving those pictures Very Happy
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys.
I also love debates and i thought myself would plant life live in a cave and most likely the answer is no.
For this reason i tought that there would be garden area's where you can see the sky, so plants could grow there.

Also im thinking of maybe there could be artificial garden area's with lights that could grow plants.
I think it would be important have plants for food and such so that the my cave world would feel more like it could exist.
I also love the idea of mushrooms, because those i could add almost anywhere.

Roots, damn how i didnt think of that. Ofcource there will be roots, some maybe even animated, will see what i can come up. Smile

Currently im working on with the architectural layout, so basically all the area's that you can go and then ill start to add props there to make it alive.

I still need to define all there area's with some simple Q&A, like if the area is a house then,
who lives there, why he lives there and not somewhere else, does the occupant have something to do with the story or is it just to make the place alive, etc.

I think it would be needed so that my cave world would feel more like "singular living world" and not just some random hallways connected to random area's.

Anyway if you have questions, ideas or anything realy, keep posting here because i get alot of inspiration from your contributions. Smile

- Timpuktu
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD 3D Modelling All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: