Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Submerged
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD 3D Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.
I wanted to test how the current level looks in unity with some basic lighting. Here is the newest screenshot available.

Also im getting like 1400+ fps constantly in the editor so i think i can add alot of more detail to it. Cool

Edit: New screenshot update.

- Timpuktu
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not been working much on my projects (thanks to Valve's Steam and their summer game sales Laughing). Today i wanted to do something with deled so i started an new area. I had an image in my head of this big area, like an loading dock. Also i wanted vecticality there because earlier area seems quite flat.

Anyway here is newest screenshot of the area i made today.

Edit:
I have been working this scene more and here is the newest screenshots.

- Timpuktu
AWM Mars

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good, and a lot of areas for players to expore. Are you going to use Zone loading in the finished game?

Checkout:
http://www.awm.mars.yourinside.com/
http://www.bccservices.co.uk
http://www.localtradecheck.co.uk
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWM Mars wrote:
Looking good, and a lot of areas for players to expore. Are you going to use Zone loading in the finished game?

Im not realy sure what you mean by zone loading. I am going to split the map in different scenes for multiple reasons. Im planning to do alot of scripted sequences (like lights going off, destruction, etc) and i dont want the map get too cluttered with em. Another reason is that im planning this as an free web browser game and i want to keep the download time low (Unity downloads the first scene during loading and then streams the other scenes while first scene is playing).

Im also planning an Area script that controls what map area's you can see and hides the one's that you cant see. Also it will contain information of that area like name and location, also i thought it could contain all info needed for quest / Objectives in the area.

And finaly, here is a new screenshot for today.

- Timpuktu
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is tonight's final two screenshots, lightning tests inside unity. Smile

Some information of the scene so far.

Polygons 2156
Edges 4951
Vertices 2704

Also it uses single 1024x1024 texture. And because of this i have only 1 drawcall in unity and currently the fps in editor is 1200 - 1400. Smile
It leave's me alot of drawcalls for weapons, effects, ai and also i can add alot more detail to the level.

- Timpuktu
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that really does look nice, especially for the amount of triangles/textures.
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starnick: Thanks for your kind words. There is alot of more textures in that 1024x1024 texture (i think you have seen less than half of them on these screenshots). Smile

I have also done little scripting and i have working sliding doors now. Cool
Ill post web player link later.

- Timpuktu
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the web player demo. Cool

As for now Submerged is an First Person Shooter. Im thinking of Deus EX / System Shock type of game where you would have choices how you do diffent assignments.

Like someone ask you to collect some money from a business assosicate.
How you do it is completely up to you, like you can ask the money from the person, threat the person to give the money, kill the person and take the money or pay it from your own pocket.
Maybe the person that you are collecting the money make's a counter offer to split the money with you but, only if you make sure that the other person dosnt ask for the money again.

Also im planning to have implants that either give you new skills (Telekinesis maybe) or improves base skills (faster movement, jump higher).

I have been thinking of the story but still it's realy a raw cut and it needs some flesh around it's bones. Rolling Eyes

The game will happen inside Underground "Biosphere" that was created after the 3rd World War because most of the planet is now inhospitable wastland. Player is an ordinary citizen living in the residential area.
Not much have been written yet but im thinking of having different factions that player can join and see the main story from different perspectives. Also i dont know yet what will be the main catalyst that get's the story rolling, one idea was to have an terrorist organization that starts attacking the goverment entity for reasons unknown.

Here is link to the new demo, it's just a level area that you can move around (pretty much same as in my cave demo).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23241894/Submerged/WebPlayer.html

Controls:
- WSAD / Arrow keys to move
- Mouse to look
- Space to jump

I think that's it for now, ill keep you posted on updates.

- Timpuktu
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good,i'me sure i have those textures on a hard drive someware.

Dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks granada, i would like to see what you could do with those textures as i've seen your scifi work. Smile

Today i desided to do try an make weapon, so here is wip screenshot of plasma rifle. Still needs more details before ill UV Map it and try to create custom texture for it.

I like myself the overal shape of it but still it might be little chunky.

- Timpuktu
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been working on a new area, still alot of work needs to be do but here's what it look's currently. Also new texture set for more variation. Cool

I was thinking that this would be an area where all different vehicles are maintained.

Im also thinking of simplefying my game and try an do just a generic first person shooter before ill add more features. This because currently i feel like im planning a game that imho i dont think i can do.

So i desided to start simple and then add more as i go.

So now idea is,
Idea to get controls work (Crouch, Climb ladder, etc)
Idea Weapon stuff (shoot, reload, change weapon)
Idea Simple AI bot to shoot at
Idea Levels more interactive (Usable buttons, Elevators, Lock- / Unlockable doors, etc).
Idea Build some tutorial / demo level for first real release (maybe something to call as Beta Laughing).

Anyway ill keep posting here as i update this project.

- Timpuktu
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me,good luck Very Happy .

Dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave, i propably need all the luck i can get. Laughing

Screenshot of a day:

- Timpuktu
Timpuktu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's work on current area.

Hmm, that roof could use some props, maybe ventilation. Cool

- Timpuktu
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the feeling of it being underground Smile .

Dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD 3D Modelling All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: