Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DeleD very slow after importing tree model OBJ

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FantasyVI

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: DeleD very slow after importing tree model OBJ Reply with quote

Hello
This is my first post here and the first time i use DeleD.
I have to say DeleD is really good and simple to make a 3D level for my XNA game.

Now i have a problem, I imported a tree using OBJ importer but the problem is DeleD got very very slow after i imported the tree.

I imported the same tree in Blender and it seems fine. The tree has only 16056 Polygons.

Is there a way to solve this slow down?

I really like DeleD and I don't want to switch to blender since it’s a bit complicated to use.

my PC specs are:-
AMD 1090T @ 4.0GHz 6 core CPU.
8GB RAM @ 1700MHz
AMD 5970 GPU.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, welcome to these forums! Smile

To be honest, DeleD isn't the fastest editor around. But around 16000 polygons should work just fine. I've heard of people who had over a 100.000 polygons and, although slow, DeleD still worked.

I would like to see how this model lets DeleD perform on my machine. Can you share that tree model with us?
FantasyVI

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
Hi there, welcome to these forums! Smile

To be honest, DeleD isn't the fastest editor around. But around 16000 polygons should work just fine. I've heard of people who had over a 100.000 polygons and, although slow, DeleD still worked.

I would like to see how this model lets DeleD perform on my machine. Can you share that tree model with us?

of course.

here is the model:-
http://artist-3d.com/free_3d_models/dnm/model_disp.php?uid=1169&count=count

I downloaded it from the internet so its not mine.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, DeleD runs pretty slow with this model. There's nothing much to be done about it though, except for rewriting DeleD's rendering code. And that's way too much work, I'm afraid.

Btw, if you're looking for trees to use in a game, I wouldn't use this particular model. Most of the time, people use textures to simulate tree leaves etc. Tree models like that only have a few hundred polygons at most.
FantasyVI

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
I agree, DeleD runs pretty slow with this model. There's nothing much to be done about it though, except for rewriting DeleD's rendering code. And that's way too much work, I'm afraid.

Btw, if you're looking for trees to use in a game, I wouldn't use this particular model. Most of the time, people use textures to simulate tree leaves etc. Tree models like that only have a few hundred polygons at most.

thank you very much. your help was much appreciate it .
I really like DeleD and you guys did a wonderful job with this software.
keep up the good work and good luck.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: