Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great news

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
louis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Great news Reply with quote

Very Happy

I'm really pleased to hear you're making progress on the .mesh exporter.

will it output the .material file as well ?

cheers
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I had some troubles getting the vertexbuffer contents right (not much hands-on experience with them) but things are going all-right now. It spits out .mesh or .xml, and .material as well.

At this moment I still have to put the .mesh through the xmlconverter before it works, but Sinbad told me that's probably because I didn't write out the mesh boundaries yet. Cool, saves me a couple of debugging hours Wink

I expect to have things finished somewhere this weekend, possibly today.
louis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gedaan en Vandag !
ungeloofelijk maar waar ?
( or however you spell it )

That's very cool, and very quick. I think you're in a perfect position to place Deled at the heart of the 3DBA workflow as well as postionning 3DBA as the perfect online delivery
system for the Deled community modellers.

O.k. hands up time . I'm using your Deled Lite ( very very good ) and have noticed how powerful as well as elegant your materials editor is.
Of course I've also noticed that some of the crucial bit's such Alpha Blend etc are only available with the Pro version.
Will the exporter be available for the Lite version ?
Might the exporter write Alpha Scene Blend info based on the setups of layered textures in Deled into the .material file in the Pro version ?

Ik ben echt gek om het exporter te zien .. or something like it.

Dutch .. what a language.

cheers, louis.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*LOL* Love your Dutch Laughing

First the good news: the exporter will be available for both DeleD LITE and PRO. In the future, we might add some PRO-only advanced features, but for the moment you can go all the way with DeleD Lite.

Now the bad tidings: DeleD Pro doesn't support alpha blending either. Or, more appropriate, doesn't support it yet. It has been on our todo-list for ages, but as not too many people asked about it in the past (and DeleD development is largely community-driven) it never got a high enough priority to make it. It would certainly help if a PRO owner requested it *wink wink nudge nudge* Wink <- just kidding of course.

That said, nothing is stopping you from using place-holder materials in DeleD and manually editing the exported .material file to make the appriopriate materials alpha-blended.
louis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

verkoop het Pro versie, ja mischien well,
maar beste nieuws om t' hoeren die licht versie do't het ook.

I give up, it's been too long, but hey, it's not too often we Brtits even try and make an effort.

Great news that the light version will support the export. Expect students, oger users, and 3DBA users to come calling soon ... !

I won't ask about Alpha transparencies again until I've paid up.
Very Happy
I look forward to using it.
cheers
louis
Brian
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Paul-Jan. Here is an official request from a paid user of DeleD Pro. We need alpha capability in the materials. This is essential if we are going to deliver realistic content on the web. For example, a simple shere with a leef texture added to it. If the texture had an alpha channel that only revealed the leaves, then we could create a tree. Simple example I know, but there are many more applications for Alpha.

Also, while I am at it, it would be very useful if one could create an object and make it a cutting tool. This would make building walls and cutting windows and doors from the wall a time saving effort. Atmosphere used the "Subtractive" process to acheive this, however, many 3D program simply create a cutting tool for the selected object to cut a hole in another object. Sorry to put you under preassure, but this is important.

More later. Kind Regards Brian
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi brian
CSG is on the todo list Very Happy .

http://www.delgine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=179

The boys will be able to give you more info on a timescale
for developement of this feature.

dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: