Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DeleD spams errors upon opening

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucern

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: DeleD spams errors upon opening Reply with quote

Hi,
I've just recently started using DeleD. I'm a native 2D artist that is trying to use the 3D rooms I create as references so I don't have to do perspective guesswork. The problem is DeleD spams errors when I open it, it still opens up if I hold down enter to ignore the rapid error message pop-ups all of them being the same one. It also saves and closes okay but it crashes occasionally.

The error message is

"Access violation at address 73FBCBB2 in module 'prl_gldd.dll'. Write of address 00000004."

I also get the same message when I open A new view or click certain options.

I'm running Windows 7 (x64) (though I think DeleD is running in 32 bit mode) as a Parallel Desktop on my Macbook. I'm not sure if it's the Mac hardware, parallels windows or DeleD. [/img]
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Lucern, and welcome to these forums. Smile

Thanks for your error report. The error might be opengl related, I'm guessing. I have no experience with running DeleD on a macbook though.

What happens if you close all views, then close DeleD and restart it?

When Deled has started and the errors popups are gone, are you able to use DeleD as expected?

Does anyone recognize the .dll file mentioned? I (and I'm one of DeleD's authors) certainly don't, so that might be worth investigating.
CableGuy

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the op said he is using Parallel Desktop my guess is that prl_gldd.dll is the OpenGL implementation provided by the virtual machine.
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When searching google, there are a lot of programs that have this problem.
One answer is:

Quote:
What is prl_gldd.dll?
prl_gldd.dll is a normal computer file which is used as a part of a significant Microsoft Program. prl_gldd.dll file manages Windows dll files and loads them into Windows memory. If the file becomes corrupted or gets deleted then it can cause the prl_gldd.dll error.

A search of microsoft lends no results. In all of the searches I did, the fix was to uninstall and delete all files related to the program, then reinstall.
I've never run a parallel desktop, or a macbook, so this may or may not fix your issue.
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CableGuy wrote:
Since the op said he is using Parallel Desktop my guess is that prl_gldd.dll is the OpenGL implementation provided by the virtual machine.

Yeah, I figured it probably has something to do with opengl, too. We've had reports like this before (which is why I asked about closing the views), and they all came down to updating graphics card drivers etc. Not sure what is the exact case here though, as this is a rather specific case with running on Macbook.
Lucern

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's a weirdly specific it's probably due to Mac hardware, and I thought I was being crafty by installing both. So far though it's not a huge issue, it's more of a minor annoyance. What's really strange is 3D games, and emulated Nintendo64 stuff seems to run fine.

I tried closing all my windows and restarting DeleD but the weird thing is it reloads all 4 views overlapping each other in the top right edge of the screen when I open it. It also doesn't remember I had windows like the Scene inspector open. I have to re-open them every time. They're not system crashing issues but still a little inconvenient.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as this isn't reproducable without having a macbook, I'm afraid I can't do much atm. Luckily, I see you're able to do your thing with DeleD, so no man overboard.

When/if we get more info about cases like this, we might be able to solve things. So thanks again for your report!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: