Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Material Editor Color Layer Alpha Crashes On Save

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henry00

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Material Editor Color Layer Alpha Crashes On Save Reply with quote

Hi again, now I managed to get even cooler crashes! Here are the steps to reproduce this fatal glitch that corrupts your entire model file:

This is our desired result, so let's get to it shall we Very Happy!

First we open DeleD as usual, load a model file (be aware it will get corrupted so make a backup!) and go to the Material Editor, there we select a texture we wish to change and "Create Layer 2".
Set Layer 2 to Color and double click the color selection, set alpha to something like 128, that way the floor should be transparent! Sounds like a cool idea, so once you are done close the material editor and hit save, yay, it crashes! Good job!

Seems to happen with any color by the way, I keep using modulate and other blending features, but I did this 7 times now, giving up on a color layer Sad
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to see you're discovering bugs like these. However, please do not expect me to solve them, as I do not have time to do so anymore. Confused I can help solving small issues, but nothing big. That's why DeleD is open source now, so others can join the party and help out.
Henry00

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
It's good to see you're discovering bugs like these. However, please do not expect me to solve them, as I do not have time to do so anymore. Confused I can help solving small issues, but nothing big. That's why DeleD is open source now, so others can join the party and help out.

Aww and it seemed like such a good idea too! Oh well... there are tons more glitches like the UV mapper in a rectangle is messing up so hard, but I felt like if I wrote every problem down I wouldn't be able to do anything else anymore like eat or drink..
I guess it's no problem to actually fix those things but it was written in Delphi? As far as I know I can't use that language without buying it first.. it would be great to have a F5 -> Run environment set up. I would also need to know how to submit any changes to the source code as I might just end up fixing everything and adding features, it's sad though you can't fix these issues at the moment Sad

Please let me know how I can do this without having to install tons of applications, fixing DeleD shouldn't be a burden..

Edit: Yeah it seems to be quite simple through the development forum.

Edit: I was right, I am unable to even begin compiling DeleD, kind of sad, an Open Source project you can't work on if you don't buy a compiler first Sad
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the Lazarus port, then?
Henry00

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
How about the Lazarus port, then?

Great so I almost compiled after installing about 200MB of dependencies to suddenly see things like "TCoolBar" and "TControlBar", how do you get them? By buying the Delphi compiler, the author probably never realized this as it was installed on his system..

Hrmm.. here goes the one decent 3D Map Editor I found.. Sad

Edit: The Author claims it should work but hm.. I must be missing something still.
Edit: No I cannot get it to work, I want to remove this stuff again..
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help with the Lazarus port as I was not involved with it. Please contact the author if you need help.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: