Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loki Online Editor

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> Other Graphical Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Loki Online Editor Reply with quote

Hi,

Here's my 100%-New coded Loki Online Editor! With this one you can Chat/Build your Levels with Friends! (Max 6 Connections). Well - it's no real a Level Editor. You can place Entities (obj, 3ds, x, b3d, jin)... Particles (only Jin Format) and add some Jin Engine Features like Waterplanes, Destroyable Objects, Skyboxes, Trees & Plants.
The Editor contains a simple but very powerfull Terain Editor. You can create with simple Boxes a whole RPG Level! (Look at the Screenshot).

Green = Forrest
Blue = Water
Red = Lava
Gray = Montains

The Editor Autogenerates a little Hightmap for each Tile (one Tile is 20x20m). More Landscapes Types (Snow, Towntiles, etc) are planned.

The Online Mode has many many many many Bugs. You can Chat with your Friends but there are some Client to Serverside and Saving Problems. (The Server is a seperate Tool). Planned Features are : User LogIn / User Register.

Oh, and the Editor works ONLY with the old Jin Engine (take a look at the ugly Screen). I will rebuild the Engine.

*screenshot removed - lost data*

Last edited by Nocturn on Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Progi1984

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which language do you use for this program ? Blitz3d ? BlitzPlus ?
dirkk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool! Are there plans to have multiple users work in one level simutaneously (a bit like the cube engine)?
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIiiiiiice... Why is there a maximum of 6 connections? Is everything managed on the server? I have no experience whatsoever with collaboration tools like this and I must admit I am kinda fascinated by the concept Smile
Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Blitz 3D for this Editor. And yes, you can already work with other users in one level. Now why is there a maxomum of 6 Connections: It has atm nothind to do with the server. If you have more than 6+ Connections the Server Tool will crash, i have no idea oh i can fix this, the server code is ok.
Progi1984

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how language you use by the GUI !
Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. You can find the Gui here 4 free : http://www.legacygames.co.uk/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> Other Graphical Tools All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: