Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grouping functionality stopped

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Grouping functionality stopped Reply with quote

I've decided to stop implementing the grouping functionality that has been discussed on these forums. In order to implement that kind of functionality and maintain a good internal object orientated design, I have to make a significant change to DeleD's technical design. That design change means that I have to rewrite a lot of lowpolygon functions. It also means I have to alter almost every other aspect of DeleD too (Object Inspector, plugins, Undo, loading/saving, etc). All in all, it means an almost complete rewrite of DeleD and that is, given the limited amount of time I have, not something I want to do right now.

Instead, I have decided to concentrate on implementing other functions which do not require large changes in the current technical design. Lighting and CSG are what I want to concentrate on next, amongst implementing the usual smaller changes. In the future, I might decide to completely rewrite DeleD but for now, i'll continue working on DeleD as it is now. As always, comments are greatly appriciated of course. Smile
dirkk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully understand that.

Let me assure you (though I was one of them voting for a grouping functionality) that DeleD works pretty well without it.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your understanding dirk. Smile You are not the only one wanting grouping functionlity, I want it myself too. I have learned a lot the last few weeks and if I am ever going to rewrite DeleD, it will have a different technical design to begin with thus allowing grouping from the very beginning. Wink

Oh well, back to the fun stuff again... my X import plugin is already working! Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: