Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another 3d modeler
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> Other Graphical Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
tgraupmann wrote:
This is bad. But I actually took two weeks paid vacation to work on my project around the holidays. Ok, we did a little shopping, but not much!

Whats bad? My Grammer? The fact I'm actually doing schoolwork? Or I get too many holiday? Very Happy Well hopefuly things will die down a school within the next few weeks and I can get back to my normal work load.

I think he actually meant it's bad HE took two weeks paid vacation. Wink

Quote:
How did you go about your advertising? I've got this annoying habit of posting in forums and with each post I gain about 20 or so hits per day.

We practically do the same. We send some messages to flipcode and gamedev every now and then and post on their forums + a few others. That's it though, we have yet to think about a good advertisement strategy. Got any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
tgraupmann wrote:
This is bad. But I actually took two weeks paid vacation to work on my project around the holidays. Ok, we did a little shopping, but not much!

Whats bad? My Grammer? The fact I'm actually doing schoolwork? Or I get too many holiday? Very Happy Well hopefuly things will die down a school within the next few weeks and I can get back to my normal work load.

I meant, me taking time off work to work on a project might be bad.
tgraupmann

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
We practically do the same. We send some messages to flipcode and gamedev every now and then and post on their forums + a few others. That's it though, we have yet to think about a good advertisement strategy. Got any ideas?

We'll I work in global advertising, but I doubt they'd let me post my ad all over the Internet.

One thing we can do is create a banner ad campaign 468x60 GIF/JPG and float them across all the 3d modeling sites.

We could make it an XML feed, that alternates between each tool. Advertise the feed on forums like Flipcode, Gamedev, CGTalk in the banner locations. It could potentially minimize costs to group the ads together as a 3rd party feed.
tgraupmann

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thinking... Doesn't it take twice the development time to create both a PRO and a lite version?
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, welcome to the wonderful world of compile time conditional defines. As long as you keep the Lite version a subset of the Pro version that is a very clean and managable way of doing things.

Ofcourse it is a lot more work than just a single version, but I think the multiplier amounts to something like 1.2, not 2 *lol*.
tgraupmann

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Build Update 1.23:
- Added network delta support using Actions for TagcModel
- Added network delta support using Actions for TagcMeshNode
- Enhanced network performance 100x
- Tested performance from 10 miles away. Seems to be almost instantaneous.
- Tested performance from Monroe,WA to Alton, Hampshire. Seems to only lag by a second or two.

Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*lol* at groovy image. Cool Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul-Jan wrote:
*lol* at groovy image. Cool Smile

Good old mapquest.com plus mapquest.uk.
tgraupmann

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: * New Release version 1.29 * Reply with quote

* New Release version 1.29 * http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=101941&package_id=139445&release_id=306774

The most notable changes are:
* Major performance updates
* All aspects of the model are now collaborative (vertexes, colors and textures) -- Any change you do, you'll friends will see
* You can now import textures from a file into the scene (supports BMP,JPG,PNG)
* The server is now running on Linux with Apache/Mod Mono/XSP which was changed from originally using Windows/IIS

manleystanley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this was a nice read while waiting for glue to dry; to mad to work on anything. I have a temper, and I don't mean a bit of one. So i am gluing my game controler back together.

I have the opposite problem as most of you, plenty of computer time and no job; I'm a seasonal employ of MO agra bussnes, they're late calling me back to work this year. And no idea how to do any programing.

Actually I'm very envious of you all, My computer training is very old, and fairly well usless today. At one time I was fluent in GWBasic Laughing . Latin as comp languges go. I also preffer texturing over modeling. Doesn't matter how good the model is if the textures are crap. In fact good textures can make a bad model look good Very Happy .
And as far as programing games, I understand enough about it to know I don't want to try it, it's way beyond me. I could write a good game, but there is no way I could program it. Laughing

So what I am saying is you all do some great stuff, please keep it up.
dirkk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, first of all, I'd recommend not to destroy anything, because destroying is easy and constructing and repairing is usually harder.

Second, if you want to give programming a try again, I (and this is a very personal view) would recommend Blitz3D, if you are a Basic kind of guy. It makes it easy to create a model and walk through it (http://www.blitzbasic.com/). There is also a demo to download.
manleystanley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far my field stress testing of game pads has shown the PS2 dualshock as an outstandingly rugged controler. Laughing

Like I said, i'll leave the game programing up to thoughs that know how to do it. Although it would be nice to have some way to preview the tracks without starting the game. I'm working with GP500 a motorcycle racing game; and even though it's five years old people still say it's the best. I'm just retextureing the tracks right now, and have skinned a bike. But it has all been simple texture swaping. I was working on a 65' Ducati when Meta died on me, and it is now lost in Meta land. Metaseqouia will only save as mqo and nothing will convert it.

What I would realy like to do as far as games go, is write them. I have 5 outlined; as far as interface, game controles, game play, ect. I think my best would be the racing game. there are a few nice online racing games but they have problems. And no insentives. Second would be the western RPG.
I've said this repeatedly scence I have been on line but "I have been playing video games as long as there have been video games". I probebly have consoles that are older then some of the people reading this thead. Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> Other Graphical Tools All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: