Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Improved landscape plugin released!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Improved landscape plugin released! Reply with quote

The new and very much improved landscape generator plugin made by II Buzzo has been released! This plugin allows you to create a landscape based on a heightmap. Feel free to check it out at the forums and download the 908kb package at the Download section. Smile
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This plugin has been very unstable for me.

Often when I load it up, it confuses it's own 3d view with Deled's 3d view, and then it crashes when I close it. Right now It's in an infinite loop of giving me a new error mode window (216). I now have to leave the error window there for the next two hours so I don't bluescreen and kill my 2gb World of Warcraft beta download. Embarassed

DELED caused an invalid page fault in
module <unknown> at 0000:00000000.
Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=0000 EIP=00000000 EFLGS=00000000
EBX=00000000 SS=0000 ESP=00000000 EBP=00000000
ECX=00000000 DS=0000 ESI=00000000 FS=0000
EDX=00000000 ES=0000 EDI=00000000 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's no good! Confused

What kind of OS do you use? I use XP and everything works like a charm here. II Buzzo, do you know what's going on?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last thing I remember doing before loading the plugin was locking the viewports. Then I loaded it, and the little terrain window rendered. But then it stopped. I was painting and playing with the generators, and the 3d window never updated like it did on previous runs. I noticed that the 3d view in deled had the background color of the one from the plugin, and when I moved my plugin window to see the rest of it, I could see a corner of the landscape being rendered. Then I closed the plugin. After that I'm not sure if Deled crashed right away, or if I tried to close it to.

Also, Deled itself runs really poorly either while running the plugin, of after closing it down. It crashed once while trying to save the mesh I got from the plugin, and some of the views stopped responding. Confused

AMD Duron 1.1ghz
Geforce fx 5200
256mb DDR Ram
Windows 98se
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was me, I forgot to log in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you specify the system+OS you're using? That might help.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
Can you specify the system+OS you're using? That might help.

I did. It's was in my post.

AMD Duron 1.1ghz
Geforce fx 5200
256mb DDR Ram
Windows 98se
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sorry, i forgot about that. Embarassed Rolling Eyes

About your system: the processor, videocard and memory are quite allright. Win98se is the only thing I would change (to XP). Win98 tends to be very unstable at times and since I changed to XP, many problems with many programs disappeared.

Nevertheless, I'd like to solve these problems anyway. I'll await II Buzzo's comments.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
Oh sorry, i forgot about that. Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Win98 tends to be very unstable at times and since I changed to XP, many problems with many programs disappeared.

Yeah 98 is a buggy P.O.S. But it doesn't double the ram requirements of all programs, and have an annoying activation requirement. Not good when I'm swapping harddisks ten times a day. Smile
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI,
I'm just now reading this message, so It's a little strange, cause in Windows ME everything works well.
Are you sure you installed the new updated version?
If not, maybe the error could be relative to OS, in fact this plugin had been developed under Win XP, and It's running on other systems (it' s true) but I've not tested on different OS.
This Afternoon I'll try to replicate error on Win Me.
Then I'll let you know , it's not an hardware trouble (at least looking at your configuration).
Sorry for the inconvenient Sad
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
I've tested more deeply Advanced Landscape Plugin on windows Me on my toshiba notebook with this configuration:

Processor: Intel Pentium III mobile 700 Mhz
Ram: 192 Mb
3D Graphic Card: Savage IX 8 Mb
Hard Disk: 10Gb

and also with this relatively old hardware (I developed plugin mainly with this Very Happy ), I've had not troubles with exception of memory, in fact you need a lot of memory to use real time rendering editors or Advanced Plugin with maximum resolutions, so you have to be really slow.
Anyway I've taken some shots, so I'll report test.
First of All I've loaded Advanced Terrain and then played a little with tools:

Then I've passed all to DeleD:

without troubles:

Note that I've used maximum size so to obtain 64 objects in total, and now I've saved result:

then I've created a new scene and loaded saved file:

without troubles.
So I think that this trouble you're having is due to windows 98Se or some software conflict with OpenGL.
Sorry Sad
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Vampyre: are you able to test DeleD+plugin on another system that uses XP or ME? Win98 does not manage its memory as well as XP so that might cause the troubles you're experiencing. Confused
dirkk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can test DeleD plus plugin on Win98ME when I get home.
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original version of Il buzzo's plugin works on Win98se but I haven't gotten round to trying the new one yet, Khris' place really.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
@ Vampyre: are you able to test DeleD+plugin on another system that uses XP or ME? Win98 does not manage its memory as well as XP so that might cause the troubles you're experiencing. Confused

No Sorry. This is my only System. I haven't given up on running this though, so I'll pay more attention to what is going on incase I need to report something.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: