Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DeleD 1.3 Released!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: DeleD 1.3 Released! Reply with quote

DeleD 1.3 Released!

After 3 months of hard work, DeleD 1.3 PRO is here. This version is a major enhancement over the previous versions for it contains alpha support (also for lightmapping) and Constructive Solid Geometry. Two cool new features which bring DeleD to the next level in 3D modelling. In addition to these new features, other parts of DeleD have been given attention as well. Here's a list of things we've been working on:

New color picker
We needed a new color picker that supported an alpha color component, so we removed the standard dialog and replaced it with something more convenient.

Alpha textures and colors
Remember that alphablend mode in the Material Editor? From now on, this blendmode actually works! Very Happy When lowering the alpha value of a color layer, DeleD automatically sets the blendmode to Alphablend, so the material gets rendered semi-transparently. When loading loading TGA files containing an alpha layer (PRO only), that same blendmode allows partially transparent rendering of textures.

Lightmapping in combination with alpha textures
Besides supporting textures where parts are made fully transparent (tree leaves, fancing, window details), the lightmapper also allows for light color filtering through partially transparent textures. While the exact filtering characteristics might change a bit over time, this can create rather nice effects.

Constructive Solid Geometry
DeleD now offers union, subtraction (carve) and intersection tools with which it has become a whole lot easier to create holes in objects or to merge objects.

Union is available in both LITE and PRO. It can be used to merge objects together. The two objects on the left are moved into eachother (resulting in the third object). Using the Union command results in the object on the right.

Subtraction (carving) is available in PRO only and can be used to subtract objects from eachother. This feature makes it very easy to create holes (like doors and windows) in objects. The cube on the left is moved into the second cube (resulting in the third object) after which subtraction is applied. This results in the object on the far right:

Intersection is available in PRO only. It returns those parts of objects that are inside all objects. Like this: the two objects on the left are moved into eachother. Using the Intersect function on those objects results in the new object on the right.

Sphere primitive enhanced
In addition to the regular geosphere, normal spheres (made out of quads) are now also supported. You can create spheres with 9 up to thousands of polygons.

Torus primitive
Any self-respecting 3D modelling program should have one. Cool

Subdividing cubes code completed
The top and bottom polygons of cubes are now subdivided as well if needed.

Refactored parts
You won't notice, but quite a large part of DeleD has been refactored. We've implemented a new technical design which allows for more flexibilitiy, scalability and maintainability from a coder's perspective. Which is generally a Good Thing (tm). Wink

Bugs fixed
- Updating of the Scene Inspector when loading the most recent file on startup, or selecting any recently used file from the File menu now works properly.
- Certain .BMP files saved with Photoshop can now be loaded as well (Photoshop writes out the bitmap header in a wrong way but we're managing that now).
- Corrupt pixels when loading small (2x2) .BMP textures are fixed.
- Fixed the "No source uv coord found at layerindex X for layer Y" bug when connecting vertices while having AutoUV turned off.
- Sometimes polygons at the bottom/top/left/rightmost side of the text primitive would get clipped off. This works correctly now.
- Fixed buggy "culling off" state at startup.
- The lightmapper no longer refuses to lightmap TGA textured surfaces.
- Fixed a bug where unexpected exceptions in the lightmapping process would cause the progress form to hang and block further program usage.
- Snapping has been rewritten which solved a few problems in that area.
- Centroid triangulation when automatic uv generation is turned off now works properly.

Known issues
- In some cases, coplanar polygons are not handled correctly in CSG routines (union and intersection).
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratz. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy, im kinda new here (have been using Deled for a month or 2 now)

I have to say that it is a really smashing tool, and with 1.3 released, and my birthday coming up the PRO version is looking very nice indeed Wink

Congratulations on everything you've done so far, you have let me slip into the world of 3D modelling with sush ease, im still amazed as i first was. Laughing

Slim
nextdoorscat
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! Finally the day has come! So looking forward to trying it out...

Please tell me how to get it to work though Embarassed I downloaded it, unzipped it, and when I click on it to open it says 'Access Violation at address 0053B34B in module deled.exe. Write of address 00000304. When I click on ok it says 'list index out of bounds'.

What do I need to do to fix this? Smile

(editing to add) Also another box is popping up - 'Texture directory and / or default.dml not found! You should alter or remove these values in INI file.

To a non-technical person this looks kind of scary... Help!
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Helen,

If you want to go the 'advanced user' route and download the zip file, make sure you extract DeleD.exe over the existing DeleD.exe in the right directory. The errors you get simply mean you put the executable in the wrong place, so it can't find any of the required files. The access violation is of course a bug, which we will get sorted out.

However, rather than messing around with the zipped executable, you might be better off downloading the full installer... it's a lot easier. The zipped executable is for those who want a small download and feel very comfortable overwriting DeleD files Wink

Hope that helps!
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow you managed to get this out just as me and Khris are about to start work again, for some strange reason I'm being talked into making a .map exporter, which is just doing crazy stuff to my head, but I'll sort something out, more updates soon.

Oh and great work, that lightmapped window looks gorgeous.
handless
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Excellent work guys! Very Happy

I've been testing all the new implementations for hours.. The CSG routines will come in handy and the alphablend support with the light color filtering is just amazing.. Only thing is I think found a couple new bugs. I'll try and reproduce them. If they are bugs I'll post something. Keep up the good work!
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got in from work Sad Then i see this Very Happy .Well done boys.

Dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handless: thanks in advance for reporting bugs! As always with a 'major' release, some bugs are bound to have slipped through our testing phase... the sooner we know about them, the sooner we can churn out a fixed 1.31 Smile

Granada: Yeah, we like to play mean Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: