Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DeleD Map File loader for Delphi

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: DeleD Map File loader for Delphi Reply with quote

Uhm... I'm not sure where to post this, it's no plugin, but no game project either.

So... I thought it was a good idea to write a Delphi Loader for DeleD maps, to make both more attractive, DeleD and Delphi.

I want to keep it up to date, so somebody tell me when the fileformat changes Razz

The current version (1.0) loads quite everything saved in the file and stores it in the class TDeleDMap. The class is also able to render the map, with some restrictions, which would be blending operations of different texture layers. The class renders the lightmaps, though.

Get the loader >here<.

Note: The Loader is using dglOpenGL.pas at the moment, get it here. You might change it to the library you are using. The used unit geometry.pas can be found within the .zip file.

Suggestions, critics and other comments are welcome Smile

Last edited by Mr.Fletcher on Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, great work! You know how we love DeleD and Delphi, so you couldn't really go wrong anyway, but that is a pretty job! Very Happy

I have one small suggestion/reguest: maybe you could throw in a very simple example application using your class to show and display a .MAP file?

I know it isn't that much fun to make (with your limited timeframe and all), but it makes the package so very much more attractive to potential users! Sample use often is worth more than hundreds of pages of documentation.

Let me know of you see any change to pull this one off. If not, I'll just put your code online as it is. Anyway, it is very very much appreciated!

p.s. I was trying to catch you online, but for some reason you aren't in the chatroom... what are the odds of that happening? Wink Laughing
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm yeah, strange Razz Gonna be in the chat today though, at least this evening Wink

I'll see what I can do concerning a sample code, it shouldn't be that hard either Wink
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you are, a sample application, the loader included. I hope, i didn't miss any file Smile
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*WOW*, excellent work MrFletcher! With one minor adjustmend (PM'ed you about it), I am putting your stuff online. Thanks a lot!

[edit]Find it at our Various Downloads section! [/edit]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: