Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DeleD 1.34 released!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: DeleD 1.34 released! Reply with quote

DeleD 1.34 Released!

As an intermezzo while waiting for the brand new DeleD 1.4 (sometime early next year), here is DeleD 1.34... bringing you a lot of minor and major fixes and improvements.

Improved face editing
- Scaling u, v coordinates no longer breaks up texturing patterns of adjacent faces.

- Proper rotation of texture coordinates, either through dragging in the 2d views or the command properties dialog, has been implemented.

- the generate UV command now has an option to fit the texture size to the face size. Hitting ctrl-shift-f when in face editing mode also does the trick, setting the object's autoUV property to false on the fly.

- the command properties dialog for face u, v scaling has been implemented (scaling used to be only supported through mouse dragging)

Automatic UV generation improved
- The new, slightly improved algorithm never maps 'mirrored' textures anymore. The texturing direction is now invariant under rotation around the x axis (i.e. if you rotate the object around the x axis, the texture will keep pointing in the same direction).

- With the new Default UV Scale setting from the options screen, you can now adjust the auto UV generation texturing scale to the scale of your scene

Vertice picking in 3D view
Picking in the 3D view proved to be a very effective way of selecting objects and polygons, especially when the scene gets more complex. As requested by many, support for picking vertices in this view has now been added.

3D view menu extended
The right-click popup menu in the 3D view has been extended with the most convenient options as found in the 2D view: reset camera, deletion shortcuts, hide/free tool and properties are now accessible through this menu.

Advanced screenshot functionality
- No more problem areas when other windows overlap the 3D window
- Supersampling takes care of those nasty aliasing issues, resulting in very clean and crisp images

- Set the DeleD watermark to any color you want, make it transparent, or even leave it out completely (PRO only)
- Generate screenshots at any size you want (PRO only). Great for promotional use, generating print-quality images of your models, etc.
- Choose the desired compression/quality when saving screenshots as JPEG. Now you decide wether you want to trade image quality for reduced size or not!

.X export scaling support
As the .X exporter now allows you to set the scale of the exported data, no more on-load scaling in the final rendering solution (game engine, etc.) is needed.

Skybox and fog support
being able to see your models in an enviroment that resembles the final rendering environment (for example, the game that it will be used in) helps in the artistic process (placement of lights, generic look-and-feel, etc)

Improved Color Dialog
- The color dialog is now always initialized with the current color of the selected item: it used to start up with the default system color in some situations (kinda inconvenient). It keeps this color displayed while the dialog is open, so you can visually compare a newly selected color to the previous one, or reset to the previous color with a single click.
- The color dialog now has a set of 32 custom colors you can assign. These presets can be very convenient if you like to use a specific color more than once.

Bugfixes and minor issues solved
- Selecting a polygon in 3D, then moving it in one of the 2D windows no longer triggers the wrong polygons to be selected.
- The options dialog and material editor can now be closed with the escape key.
- Directional lights and spotlights no longer have their center and/or position reverted to the scene center when saving and reloading your scene.
- NaN's encountered during a save operation will now automatically be replaced by zeroes. Once we have identified all situations that might lead to non-values in the model characteristics, we will implement a more permantent solution.
- Camera in 3D view now always moves correctly (used to move in strange ways when near-vertical or upside-down)
- When using Undo, the edit mode no longer reverts to Object mode.
- Lightmapping of transparent surface slightly improved.
- In 3D view, lights no longer appear in front of transparent surfaces when they shouldn't.
- Inactive lights no longer affect the lightmap.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work there guys Very Happy .

Dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 95% PJ's job really! I myself have been working on seperate Proof of Concept projects which concepts I will now implement in DeleD itself. 1.34 is PJ's baby! Wink
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot. This is great. Smile
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
Warfare Unlimited
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Very Happy
afecelis
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
I'm wordless!! Thnx Jeroen and PJ! Very Happy

me likes.....me downloads
mappy
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys ! Very Happy
afecelis
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the new splash screen and the way it fades out. Nice work.
hpesoj
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I luuurrve you.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Very Happy
hpesoj
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I have noticed is that although the camera movement is working correctly now, the scroll-wheel now moves it the opposite way! Scroll up used to move it forwards, now it moves it backwards, and it is quite confusing.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texture fitting is very nice. And it's a lot better than the old way I had to do it.

The color improvements are appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
moraldi
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep going guys! You allready have done a very good job and i am sure you can do a great work in the future. This programm has a very good " taste" . Smile
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hpesoj: ah, good point, I thought I noticed the same thing yesterday but I wasn't sure. I constantly switch between Jeroens and my .ini files and we have different settings for "invert mouse-zoom", so I tend to get a bit confused about forward and backward. Smile Will fix it!

VD: thanks for pointing out the importance of those improvements in the first place! Very Happy

moraldi: thx Razz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: