Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grid Size 1

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Grid Size 1 Reply with quote

Would it be possible to get grid size 1 in the editor in one of the future releases?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of my head: using CTRL +/- also sets the gridsize and you should be able to set it to 1 using those shortcuts. Smile
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh by the way, could you build-in a lock that you can't scale an object to the width or length oder watever of 0 ? Because sometimes you just scale an object and then it's too thin and you can't rescale it.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
Out of my head: using CTRL +/- also sets the gridsize and you should be able to set it to 1 using those shortcuts. Smile

Damn. Smile Last night I was trying to convert my arena into Deled and I had to make up my own scaling system where 16 units meant 1 foot. It wasn't the easies thing in the world when you are making things that look bad out of scale.

It would be nice to be able to set the bigger grid lines to things like 10 and 12 and stuff. Being both a coder and an artist, I can see the reasons for keeping those multiple of 2 grid sizes, but that leads to so many problems when creating content and playing with the grid always having to guess how big something should be, and doing trial and error on object creation.

Something I noticed also, when you create a primitive with segments it would be nice to have a checkbox where the segments ignore the grid snapping settings. Sometimes you want your object to be on the grid, but not the segments, and it leads to odd results.

Very Happy Anyways, don't think I'm complaining. I loved this level editor since the second I installed it. I just think it has a few quirks to be worked out. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice suggestions Vampyre! I'll add them to the ever growing TODO list. Smile
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Now I can start recreating my scene for the second time, 1 unit is an inch. I'm in scale, but it takes me an hour and a half to create a single cube now hehe. Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: