Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RPG Game

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  

storyline sound good?
yes
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
kinda
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
needs a lot of work
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
just plain sucks
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

magicmarkerman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: RPG Game Reply with quote

Hey, im new here, and I need your help. I am making an rpg game, but I need to know if deleD is compatible with macromedia director. If not directly compatible, maybe there is a way to export through different programs? Please HELP! I dont have any more money left for 3ds max or anything super-fancy for my levels, and this looks like a really good inexpensive program.

anyways, about the rpg. I just started on it, and the storyline is coming along nicely. You are a teenager(Tanver, 19) and you and your friend befriend a mercenary, do gooder, and vigilante in an attempt to stop a growing corruption within a false religion yet to be named. As you progress, the religion leader lets out a giant beast(main boss), that is compairable to sin in final fantasy x in size, but looks different. that is all I am willing to give away for now, as we have had a minor setback due to the main storyline member quitting, and we may have to change some stuff since it was "his idea".
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mercenary and do-gooder are kind of polar opposites wouldn't you say? A mercenary will do anything for money, good or bad. They do whatever the money tells them is right. Someone who is good follows their conscious and does what they know is right.

The rest of the story sounds like you are just directly copying the plot of Final Fantasy 10. I suggest you come up with something original. Because when you do a direct copy of something, all you've created is a bad copy of something else. It's not hard to come up with something original and creative, just combine different things you like in new ways.

What formats does Macromedia Director use?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Youre right Reply with quote

yeah, I guess that is kinda close to the plot of ffx. Maybe it is a good thing my story writer quit... thanks for the advice.

For director I am trying to import a 3d world to work in, so it would be best if I could find a way to get the file into a shockwave 3d file so i could just import it. I imagine I might be able to do this by exporting and importing into different 3d programs until I get to the file I need. I am getting truespace(possible), so If I could get it into the truespace file format then the problem would be solved!

And the mercenary and do-gooder wouldnt get along, they would just be fighting for a common cause.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Youre right Reply with quote

magicmarkerman wrote:
And the mercenary and do-gooder wouldnt get along, they would just be fighting for a common cause.
That sentence was a bit confusing. Laughing You are only going to have a party of 2?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: no Reply with quote

no Laughing , I meant that the mercenary and do-gooder would just have fueds, and that the other characters(vigilante, friend, and you) would still be there. The mercenary and do-gooder would be in the party ALSO. sorry if I was(and probably still am) being unclear.
kaylon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Director is a 2D based programe aint it ? ...

If it's flash based or shockwave you need .swf ..and no DeleD does not export in that format...maybe make it as a feature request though..I'm sure it's possible.

K
magicmarkerman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: director is not Reply with quote

director is not just a 2d based program, it also does 3d uisng java and a language called lingo. If I can get the 3d level I create in deleD into a shockwave 3d file format(not swf) then I would be able to import the file and use it in my game.

Nevermind, I found out what I need to do. In case you want to know, here is the link, and thanks for all the help

http://www.macromedia.com/software/shockwaveplayer/licensing/w3d_sdk/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD User Game Projects All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: