Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rigging and animation (implemented!)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zipir

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: rigging and animation (implemented!) Reply with quote

hello im new user for DeleD. its cool 3d modeller i like it Smile
now im using lite version for lerning...so i thinking to buy PRO version for my Blitz3D games... i have some questions

is Deled Pro have character rigging and animation support? (with bones etc..) Shocked

and

pls add gizmo support for (Top,Side,Front ....) like 3d viewport
maybe it can be like 3d max viewports Smile its very usefull Wink
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeleD LITE and PRO will have basic skeleton animation support.

I'm not sure if adding a gizmo to 2D views is really that much useful. Because you already move the objects in those viewports by using several methods (mouse/keyboard). But it's good to keep this suggestion in mind so thanks!
zipir

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not sure if adding a gizmo to 2D views is really that much useful. Because you already move the objects in those viewports by using several methods (mouse/keyboard). But it's good to keep this suggestion in mind so thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

maybe can be a option in ->options menu<- (show/hide) gizmo to top,side,front... view sides... i think its will be very useful...
ash
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen a bit of controversy around the animation topic here, and I would like to say my take on it.

I just bought DeleD Pro, and I bought it to support the developers, and to unlock a few CSG ops and Lights and a few other things. I see DeleD being a tool in my workflow as a non-specific level editor, and the occasional modeler. I have a pretty nice spread of software, and Im looking at adding a solid game engine soon, possibly 2 or 3 as I find the one I like best.

Most game engine Im looking at have level editors, but I never can seem to make sense of them, yet in DeleD, I can create level geometry pretty easily.
This is what I want to use DeleD for, making levels for games. Sometimes that means making a prop or a prefab, something most level editors do not do well.

Levels have moving parts. Turrets that turn, doors that open, trees that sway. Elevators rise and fall, and platforms move. This is part of level editing too. Much of this will need to be scripted in the engine itself. Being able to define limits and setup keyframing I think is wonderful. If you have a bone that controls this, thats fine.

I think having some basic animation support is fine, and I think it can help bring DeleD to life. I personally want to see the focus of DeleD be level creation. Being a bit of an all in one is great, but the focus I would like to be on Levels. If some animation is added to help with that, all the better.

Thank you.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ash wrote:
Levels have moving parts. Turrets that turn, doors that open, trees that sway. Elevators rise and fall, and platforms move. This is part of level editing too. Much of this will need to be scripted in the engine itself. Being able to define limits and setup keyframing I think is wonderful. If you have a bone that controls this, thats fine.

I think having some basic animation support is fine, and I think it can help bring DeleD to life. I personally want to see the focus of DeleD be level creation. Being a bit of an all in one is great, but the focus I would like to be on Levels. If some animation is added to help with that, all the better.

Thank you.

Thanks for the kind words there Ash. Smile

You are spot on about DeleD's animation. It is primarily aimed to aid in level design, for exactly the kind of things your describing here (doors, turrets, elevators). These are pretty easily animated, in comparison to full-blown animation of organics.

DeleD 2.0 will have basic skeleton animation. You can have any number of animated objects (with multiple animations per object) in your scene but you can only play one animation at a time. The idea is to extend that so you can play animations of more than 1 object at a time. With this, a level author is much more able to 'feel' the level without having to load it in a game engine.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: