Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Double sided poly?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Flag

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Double sided poly? Reply with quote

does deled have double sided poly's so that you can see both sides of a rectangle?
I'm asking because this would make kick ash glass for windows... and fow low poly statues....if it doesnt no prob....just wondering.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm you could copy the specific object and flip the polygons. Not the best way though. But it depends on waht you want it for - if you only need in in DeleD, you can disable Backface Culling (F4). Or in your engine or whatever it is, you just disable backface culling.
The Flag

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great thanks! now i can finish my fountain.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you just make tags for all the features you want? That's what the user data is for isn't it? Put something like ds in there, then when you read in the map, you know those surfaces are double sided.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but with complex Data and very many different possible flags, it extremely complicated to manage all that with user data tags, that's why i'm writing a kind of editor myself for my projects, where I can set all those things up myself.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: