Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DeleD 1.4 released!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: DeleD 1.4 released! Reply with quote

DeleD 1.4 Released!

Finally, after months of hard work, we are proud to present DeleD 3D Editor 1.4! Many improvements have been realized. Also, the results have been tested by the official DeleD Test Center team, consisting of the following people:

- Dave Johnson
- Helen Swaffield
- Joseph Thomson
- VampyreDark
- Mr. Fletcher

A big thanks to them! PRO users will also find a very nice palm tree prefab, contributed by Brian Etherington. Thanks!

Please read on to find out more about the latest improvements!

Added functionality
- Added the possibility to remove all lightmapping information from a scene. In combination with the fact that the lightmapper no longer triangulates the scene (see below), lightmapping is now a fully reversible action.

- Implemented Automatic Item Selection. For example, when you're in Vertex mode and have one vertex selected and then switch to Edge mode, the edges that use that vertex are automatically selected. This behaviour can be turned on/off using the Options Screen.

- Implemented Vertex Bevel

- Implemented Improved Connect Vertex

- Implemented Connect Edge.

- Implemented Extrude Region. You can choose if you want to keep inner polygons (normal Extrude) or leave them out (Extrude Region).

- Implemented Fill Area. Simply select a number of vertices or edges that make up a closed area and create a new polygon with them.

- Implemented Vertex delete.

- DeleD now remembers the directory of your last save action for DMF, DPF and X files.

- The CSG routines now optionally remove the CSG operator object. This is very useful when you want to use the same operator for multiple CSG actions.

Changed functionality
- The lightmapper no longer triangulates the scene. Modifying your geometry after lightmapping is now as convenient as it was before.

- Lightmapper algorithm for transparent surfaces has been slightly changed: the alpha value now affects the brightness of the color of the light passing through a surface.

- Performing an 'undo' action on a lightmapped object will remove all lightmapping informatino (lightmaps are not stored into the undo buffer).

- The underlying technical datastructure (classmodel) has been totally rewritten. This means we now have the ability to perform many more lowpoly operations more easily. This also meant we had to rewrite all lowpoly functions, which we did. We will be implementing many more geometry manipulation routines in the future!

- Automatic UV Generation has changed slightly: texturing is now continuous under rotation around the y axis (see picture below). No more 'upside down walls'...

- When encountering missing textures while loading a DMF, the placeholder textures DeleD generates are now a random gray (used to be solid black). This makes navigating the model and visually identifying different textures to correct manually a lot easier.

- CTRL-SHIFT-F (Fit texture to face) now fits the texture size on selected faces when in face/polygon mode (old behaviour), on all faces when in any other mode (new behaviour).

- CTRL-A selects all faces when in face mode (used to work in the other edit modes only).

Bugs fixed
- Slightly improved rendering, so that seams in transparent quads no longer show up (for the OpenGL-savvy: we had a GL_POLYGON_SMOOTH gone amok) :

- Somewhere during the past few DeleD releases the specific texture settings needed to render lightmaps correctly got deactivated, causing very obvious seams in various situations. This has been fixed.

- Hidden objects no longer prevent you from picking objects "behind" them in the 3D view
- Changing the blend mode of rendered primitives no longer affects rendering of the skybox.
- Moving multiple polygons caused erroneous results. Fixed!
- Scale while maintaining aspect ratio works correctly now.
- Color picker saturation value no longer resets to zero for any color with full (100) saturation.
- Undo after multiple lightmapping and edit actions no longer raises an access violation.
- Various little bugfixes and updates.

Last edited by Jeroen on Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sindwiller
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Somewhere during the past few DeleD releases the specific texture settings needed to render lightmaps correctly got deactivated, causing very obvious seams in various situations. This has been fixed.

OMG WTF!!! I just love you for fixing that! Very Happy

I will go download.

Suggestion: You should update the News on your Site too...

Wfr, Sindwiller
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job again guys Very Happy .

Dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great guys,
I've tried DeleD Pro 1.4 Beta for a while with all my plugins, with no troubles at all. The only trouble still remaining in the plugin system it the one specified some time ago (when a selected object is passed back to DeleD while it's selected you'll get Access violation). You can still test the trouble with Lua Plugin System first example.
Anyway, good job as usual. Really!!
I want to thank you for continuing (interpreting the whole community, at least I suppose) DeleD philosophy with PRO and LITE.
Thank you guys!! Wink
hpesoj
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Jeroen and Paul-Jan. By the way, is there any chance we'll be getting a merge faces function in a v1.4x update? The reason I ask is that I discovered creating loads of boxes, and using CSG union is an easy way of creating scenes. Problem is you get about 3x the neccesary polygons!
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, merge polygons is one of the new lowpoly routines we'll be working on next! Smile
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falls over.
This is great news. Smile
off to download.
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest build has just been release (still 1.40) - fixes a small bug in the lightmapper. Also 1.35/1.36 files that contained bad geometry can now be loaded again.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot the material window shortcut CTRL-M.. So you can work with the material window undocked and use CTRL-M to open and close a floating window, this lets you use more of your screen for editing. Laughing

Thanks for letting me test, and thanks for all the hard work!
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Great ! Very Happy
Twixn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work Very Happy
Im trying it now!

-Twixn-
moraldi
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: DeleD 1.4 Reply with quote

Congratulations!
This is a big step.
Keep going on!
afecelis
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Thanks Delgine team! thanks beta testers! I hope many more ppl go pro now! Wink

Tomorrow is a holiday here so now I know what my plans will be! Very Happy
kaylon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb...now that there is no longer triangulation on lightmapping..I can finally use my pro version with angre Smile

Thanks guys

K
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that Vertex delete has also been implemented. Added to the newspost just now. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: