Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tutorial: Creating A Spotlight Cone Effect

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Tutorial: Creating A Spotlight Cone Effect Reply with quote

Discuss the Creating A Spotlight Cone Effect here.
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised No credit to the author? Wow... Now I see how things how work around here. Wink I'm going to convert the glowing surfaces one now.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, oh yes we credit the author - it's on the main tutorial page! (that page needs better formatting though...) Very Happy

Hope to see your other tutorial(s) soon, it's good stuff. Smile
hpesoj
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I also thought it quite odd how the author isn't mentioned in the main tutorial. Is this just for uniformity, because if the tutorial is directly linked to, as here, then no-one will know who wrote it (unless they visit the main tutorials page of course). If you have a reason why it isn't done, then fine, but if there isn't any reason then I don't see why it shouldn't be done. Imagine if the whole DeleD website got wiped (including any backups), all except for the tutorial files, then you wouldn't have any clue who wrote them (I realise you all have very bad memories) Razz.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can, of course, mention the writer in the tutorial itself. We'll adjust the tutorial template a.s.a.p!

Btw, I'd really like to use the real name of the author, instead of a nick. I think it's more professional that way. What are the general feelings about this?
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing I post under my real name... Rolling Eyes Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: