Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FPS Creator

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newbeltane

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: FPS Creator Reply with quote

Does anyone use FPS Creator and if so have you successfully created and textured models for use in FPS Creator?

Any tips or tutorials would be great.

Thanx
hpesoj
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FPSC is made in DBPro, therefore it loads DBO objects. Use the DBO exporter, simple as that. As for how to get your own objects into FPSC, I'd ask on the FPSC forum, or better yet, in the help documents (which I'm sure there are some of).
newbeltane

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Thanx Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice. I will definately try that. Its my son who uses FPSC (I use a Mac but am getting a new Intel Mac Laptop so I will be running XP on it too!).

If we get the hang of it we will probably release some free stuff as a way of giving back to the community.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great!

Oh, and by the way, if you guys find out we can do anything in particular to improve the workflow to FPSC, please let us know. Smile
Chiselbrain

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been able to import a DeleD costructed level into FPSC and it looks great. However, here is the show stopper: When adding enemies into the level, they simply fall through the geometry. Why? I dont have a clue. Its sad though, the potential to create some really cool level geometry seemed to exist untill the enemy problem. I'm not sure how FPSC handles collision detection. If you create a level with segments the enemeis dont fall through. Imported seems to be ingored.
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've been able to import a DeleD costructed level into FPSC and it looks great. However, here is the show stopper: When adding enemies into the level, they simply fall through the geometry. Why? I dont have a clue. Its sad though, the potential to create some really cool level geometry seemed to exist untill the enemy problem. I'm not sure how FPSC handles collision detection. If you create a level with segments the enemeis dont fall through. Imported seems to be ingored.

I to would be interested in getting this to work as i own FPSC but have not had time to play with it yet.

Dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know next to nothing about FPSC, but here are some wild guesses:
a) it only does collision testing on BSP-style levels? Does it even support BSP levels?
b) it only does collission testing on a separately set collission mesh?

Please note I haven't got a clue what I'm talking about here, so maybe I should just shut up now .... Laughing
hpesoj
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about how FPSC handles collisions, but Newton Physics wrapper for DBPro has problems loading the lightmapped DBO files that Il Buzzo's exporter creates. The problem is that the FVF format (this defines how the object data is structured internally) exported is wrong. Il Buzzo made it so his plugin can export a non-lightmapped collision mesh also. If FPSC supports separate collision meshes, you could use that, or alternatively run your DBO file through this program, it corrects the FVF format:

(If you aren't signed up to the game creators website you may need to create an account)

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_download.php?i=874888
Il Buzzo
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
I've released DBO Exporter 1.1 that theorically should correct reported bug with multitextured objects (including lightmapped) owing to a bad FVF Format (well a wrong number can cause a lot of problems.... Embarassed ).
So now you don't need to correct files as noticed by hpesoj, but you just need to export your file as usual and play with it.
Please report everything going wrong (I don't own FPSC but just DBPro so I can test just DBPro).
Bye Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: