Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

vertex shading "}

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David*

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: vertex shading "} Reply with quote

please!!!

i would buy pro immediately if this was added!

well,1st id need to see if it would show up in dbp.i havent been able to add any model with vertex shading into dbp yet.Sad
Sindwiller
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhm... sorry but: What the hell is vertex shading? You mean Phong Shading? Or a Vertex Shader? Laughing

Wfr, Sindwiller
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to add a vertex shader to an object, just type something in the usertag, and have your program read it to know which shader to use.

Or do you mean vertex coloring?
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might take a while before we implement direct support for any type of shaders into DeleD (as it is mostly non-essential in the modeling process), the relevant question here is how to attach shaders to materials in the final engine.

Like Vampyre sais, you could specify the shader's name in the object properties (material user properties will be added soon) and have the loading routines in your application connect them.

I am not sure if DBO directly supports shader bindings (is there an up to date file format specification available anywhere?), and if DBP supports direct loading of them (DBP has been known not to support the full set of features included in the DBO file format). You might want to take this up with Il Buzzo in the plugin section of our forum, he is the developer of DeleD's DBO export plugin. He is also quite familiar with the DBO file format.

Hope this helps you out a bit. Please keep in mind we are not DBP experts here. Any information you can provide on shader support in DBO/DBP is most welcome! Smile
hpesoj
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DBO documentation is quite old now, but there is a documented string slot for a linked shader. However, the shader doesn't appear to be applied to the object on load.
David*

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no,its cool! i meant vertex coloring.

i havent been able to figure out how to get vertex coloring to show up in dbp yet ,anyway.

anyway deled is very cool!! i love the lightmapping i get from it!

good job! Smile
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, vertex coloring! Ok, quite a bit of misunderstanding there (Vampyre_Dark was the only one who saw through that)... Laughing

Interesting request. Vertex coloring is currently not supported by DeleD at all, but has it's uses, and is supported by lots of file formats we export. Having the lightmapper spit out vertex colors would be rather easy to implement, but I wonder if the results would be worth much at such a low resolution.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: