Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DeleD 1.5, Torque Exporter and new Website released!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: DeleD 1.5, Torque Exporter and new Website released! Reply with quote

We are very glad to announce the release of 3 things at the same time: DeleD 3D Editor 1.5, our new Torque Exporter and our new website. All in one great big bang! Below are the implementation details for you to read.

DeleD 1.5 enhancements

Added functionality
- Full control over the viewports; add/delete viewports at will or change existing viewports into other types, like converting a TOP view into a 3D view. Drawmodes (Wireframe, Solid, Textured, Lightmapped) can be set for each individual 3D viewport by using F1,F2,F3,F4 while using shift+F1/F2/F3/F4 sets the desired drawmode for all 3D viewports currently being used. (PRO only).
- An UV Editor, making direct and precise manipulation of texture coordinates possible.
- Reverse Selection command which deselects everything that was selected and selects everything that wasn't selected.
- PNG support added (PRO only).
- Edge scale
- Optional WSAD 3D camera control
- Precise rotation of primitives via CTRL implemented.

Changed functionality
- You can now choose to rotate/scale a selection of objects around their mutual center or rotate/scale them around their individual centers.
- Improved Zoom all and Focus on selection tools.
- Drag select can now be used to deselect items
- Ctrl+Shift vertex selection in the 3D view works as expected.
- Vertex mode rendering and selection in the 3D view is now 'occluded': vertices can't be seen through other geometry anymore. This makes selecting vertices in a non-trivial scene much more convenient.
- Views are now removed instead of being minimized by pressing the [x] in the upper-right corner of the window.
- Various small code optimizations have been made.

Fixed issues
- Improved plugin system handling of data requests containing insufficient allocated memory to process the requested data.
- Scale had a number of issues that now have been resolved.
- Typed values for primitive creation now take effect immediately (instead of having to jump to the next field in order for the value to take effect).
- TGA loading now handles TGA with included comments correctly.
- Prefabs without a name are loaded correctly now.
- Using CSG on Light objects isn't possible anymore.
- Skybox is now properly oriented.

Torque Export Plugin

And there it is: the long awaited Torque Export plugin! It is now possible to use DeleD with Torque, the excellent 3D engine from GarageGames. Just like DeleD, the plugin has a demo version. The Torque Exporter itself comes at a price of just $14,95. Read all about our latest plugin here.

New Website

As if a new version of DeleD and a Torque Export plugin aren't enough, we are proud to present our new website to you. As you can see, Delgine will focus on more than just DeleD 3D Editor. More focus will be put on texturepacks, modelpacks and partnerships with other people/companies active in game development. This'll make sure you can find practically everything you need to create games. Our website has been adjusted to provide all that. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Important: all prices on delgine.com are now listed in US dollars as we noticed a lot of people outside of the European zone don't really know much about our currency (EURO). DeleD now costs $59,95 and our Torque Export Plugin is sold for only $14,95.

All comments to improve DeleD, the Torque Exporter and/or our website are more than welcome! Smile
mappy
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woooowww ... I must say VERY IMPRESSIVE updates Very Happy

Thanks !
Vijchti

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: DeleD 1.5, Torque Exporter and new Website released! Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:

- Optional WSAD 3D camera control

I'm suprisingly excited about this change alone. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to use WASD controls for the 3D view out of habit without being able to figure out what the problem was.

Also, thanks for the group scale/rotation.

Keep up the good work!

"Psst, Here's a secret...Your last mortal thought will be,
'Why did I take so many days - just like today - for granted?'"
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool new site guys, Very Happy Thanks for all the hard work Wink .

Dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
Vijchti

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...that view changer thing really likes to pop itself off of the bar that I have it on if I click on a button that doesn't function. Also, if I accidentally close a view (in the Lite version), I can't bring it back without closing and reopening DeleD.

Nice changes, but it would be nice if you could fix those next time around.

"Psst, Here's a secret...Your last mortal thought will be,
'Why did I take so many days - just like today - for granted?'"
elmernite

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like everything you did with the site and all. I'm only afraid that now that your more pro looking and all you'll start to phase out the free stuff. I hope you mantain all of your current free things and continue to offer those.
I need to look into that 3d engine.
-Elmernite
jwatte
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WASD FTW!

I have to say, though, I hope you'll keep cranking on DeleD, and let others produce the content packs (and just take a cut yourself). DeleD 1.5 is great and all, but it's the continual improvement that impresses the most!
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated!

@ jwatte: yeah, DeleD (and possibly other software we might create in the future) will always have main priority. We're programmers, so it's best to let others create the content, right? Wink

@ elmernite: don't worry about the free stuff - it'll always be available and we'll be working on getting more too.

@ Vijchti: yes, closing a view in LITE means its lost forever. In PRO you can just create a new view. In LITE, I think you should not be able to close a view. Thanks, working on it!
holger53
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bedankt!
Sindwiller
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long live Delgine!! Laughing
sigi
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Job, Thank You. Very Happy
nrb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are smoothing groups carried over in the creation of a DIF structure?
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nrb, welcome to these forums.

DeleD doesn't currently support smoothing groups. More importantly, the pipeline of the Torque Exporter is DeleD -> Map file -> Map2dif_plus -> .DIF. The .MAP file format doesn't support smoothing groups, and I'm not too sure about .dif either. So I guess the answer to your question is "no".

If we are missing some important things here, and you think the exporter should support smoothing groups, please tell us what you had in mind. Your feedback is most appreciated!
nrb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest with you smoothing groups should be a basic feature. Models without smoothing groups are faceted and that's taken as a sign of amateurish modeling. I've been looking at Delgine for a long time but didn't purchase it because it didn't have the Torque exporter. Now that you have that I still can't purchase it because it doesn't have smoothing groups.

It looks like you guys have a great product but you really should consider adding smoothing groups. If you did then you'd offer Constructor some real competition since it already has that in its feature set.
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome news. Smile Already downloaded DeleD 1.5 (got an itch to go play with it now) and have purchased the torque exporter. Smile
Great work guys and the new site and logo are super. Smile
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: