Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tutorial: Introduction to UV Mapping

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Tutorial: Introduction to UV Mapping Reply with quote

If you have any questions or remarks regarding the tutorial Introduction to UV Mapping, post them in this thread!
Sindwiller
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually got the clue myself some days before without any documentation Laughing Nice tutorial anyway!

Wfr, Sindwiller
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah cool, I'm glad the UV editor isn't completely incomprehensible without a tutorial! Very Happy
Guyon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured out the UV editor with out any tutorial, it is a welcome addition.

This tutorial is also done very well too, and I am sure it will get a lot of use. I was actualy going to write a UV editor tutiral, soon as my personal life setteled down. So I am happy to see the speed that this tutorial was put out, because UV editing is so important to DeleD! NICE GOING!

Guyon
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I am absolutely stupid when it comes to UV Mapping. I followed your tutorial (which is well written and easy to follow) but the "generate UVS" button wasn't highlighted when the tutorial said to click it.
I'm still no good at UVMapping. Oh well. I'll figure it out some day. (luckily, I really don't need the option yet)
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
afecelis
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very Illustrative! A very nice addition to Deled! thnx for both the tut and the UV mapping feature Very Happy
Guyon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trucker2000 wrote:
First off, I am absolutely stupid when it comes to UV Mapping. I followed your tutorial (which is well written and easy to follow) but the "generate UVS" button wasn't highlighted when the tutorial said to click it.
I'm still no good at UVMapping. Oh well. I'll figure it out some day. (luckily, I really don't need the option yet)

trucker2000,
I would be happy to assist you with UV mapping. It is a power feature that is not so hard to use. Any question that you have, a dozen others also have. Stick with it and we can have you UV mapping in no time!
Ask any question you have.

Guyon
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys. We'll soon expand the UV editor's capabilities with different mapping and unwrapping schemes.

@Trucker: but the "generate UVS" button wasn't highlighted when the tutorial said to click it. It's not the button, it's in the context menu of the UV editor (where all dedicated UV stuff will be put). The 'gen uv' button generates world mapping style uv coordinates that are unsuitable for detail uv mapping, and is indeed disabled while the UV editor is active. Thanks for mentioning this, this could indeed use some clearing up, I'll add a screenshot of the context menu to the tutorial. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: