Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to DeleD + questions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKurgan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: New to DeleD + questions Reply with quote

I just started using DeleD and am happy with it especially since I am very artistically challenged. It is much easier and straight forward than a lot of tools I tried.

From reading through the forum, I am a bit confused. Is lighting supported currently? I can place lights throughout my level, but I don't see that they make any difference. Am I missing something on how to set the lighting of a map/level?

Thanks in advance for your help and thanks for making a simple program for simple people like me. Embarassed
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi TheKurgan,and welcome

Quote:
From reading through the forum, I am a bit confused. Is lighting supported currently? I can place lights throughout my level, but I don't see that they make any difference. Am I missing something on how to set the lighting of a map/level?

Lightmapping will come very soon its under testing as we speak,jeroen will
enlighten you more im'e sure.

dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the DeleD community TheKurgan.

Indeed, as granada says, lighting is currently under development. It is already fully functional in our testversion and will be released in the next LITE version of DeleD too. But before we can do that, we need to change various other aspects of the program which is what we are working on now. I expect the LITE version to be out in a few weeks (it always turns out to be more work than expected Rolling Eyes ) and then you'll have lightmapping as well. Also, we're working on a PRO version which will have even more lightmapping possibilities.

The current version allows you to place light objects already so you can get used to the way DeleD will work with lights (placing them and altering their properties in the object inspector etc).

Well, hope to see some of your work soon! Smile
TheKurgan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, that sounds great. I like the way you have implemented them. Can't wait to see what effects they have.

Thanks again.
TheKurgan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Prefab Question Reply with quote

I am trying to create my own prefabs (awesome feature by the way). My first attempt is a simple door (4 cubes - 1 for the door, 3 for the doorway; and 1 sphere for the handle). When I try to export it as a prefab it asks me to select one object. When I try to group them and export it, I get the same message. How do I make a prefab out of these 5 primitives?

Thanks for your time.

TheKurgan
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prefabs are single objects which you can make by selecting multiple objects (use ctrl+shift+leftmouse for example) and then using the Merge command in Object mode. The selected objects will be merged into 1 object, which can then be exported as a prefab. Smile
TheKurgan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I knew there had to be a simple way to do it. I was trying grouping not merge.

Thanks a bunch. I am really liking this product. Keep up the great work.

TheKurgan
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, just ask any question you might have here. Smile Btw, also do read the help. Everything is summarized in there too, which might save you some time.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: