Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Material

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Material Reply with quote

Hi there,

I exported scene to a .x file and checked this one with a texteditor.
The set in material is always of ambient color
no specular reflectivity and no glow of material.

I wonder if the material parameters can be chosen fixed for a certain texture
resulting in the values set in my .x file (?)

I have checked several downloaded DELED Texturepack format .dtp files and in some of them I found some numbers following the texture filename.
Can I set material parameters changing these?

If I change the materal via texteditor in the .x file I can produce nice lighting effects
(I add the normals with my load&viewing program) so that would be a workaround
but I wonder whether I can use a Deled function which I have not yet found for doing this.

Yours
Holger
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there and welcome to these forums! Smile

Your question comes at a right time: sofar, DeleD only used textures and right now we are busy implementing materials in DeleD. We will release DeleD 0.9 LITE (which contains materials) next weekend (if we don't come across any bugs that is). The .x exporter will not contain full materials yet but we will work on that after 0.9 LITE is released. So to answer your question: DeleD does not use materials and export them to .x files right now but will in future versions.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: