Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DeleD 0.90 LITE released!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: DeleD 0.90 LITE released! Reply with quote

Finally, after over 3 months of hard work, DeleD 0.90 LITE has been released! This version has lightmapping and a more flexibel plugin-system installed and also contains new levels, prefabs and textures. Go get your free copy at the Download section. Very Happy

Feel free to discuss the latest version here or in the DeleD forum.
Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really cool and new Featrues! It's now more fun to play with different things, and the lightmapping : excellent!

Awsome Work Delgine Team!
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done, gonna take a closer look at it later.

btw: I think its a bit mean to forbid using directional/spot lights and lightmap options in the light version, if the pro version doesn't already exist! Wink
condrula

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it very much Very Happy
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Finally, lighting, my favourite part of making maps.

I remember back in the old days with those GOOD editors when all you had to do was start lighting then wait a few hours while the lightmapper did it's work, and then come back, save everything and load up a game to check out the shadows.

Deled Sucks because it's so quick, and you can see the results right in the window.... hmm wait... Very Happy This is great. It's fun just moving the light and watching how it affects all the shadows almost instantly.

Why does some of the help file now load up your site though? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why does some of the help file now load up your site though?

If you are referring to the lighting tutorial and reference, I think you should see this the other way around. Especially tutorials are something we want to keep on the site (the lighting reference might qualify for inclusion in he helpfile, but it does contain a fairly large amount of pictures). However, for convenience reasons, we also made it easily accessible through the helpfile.
mogspectral

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: clap clap clap Reply with quote

i just want to say good work ! i have been using deled for 3month now and it's really a wonderful soft !

sorry for my bad english but i'm french

i have only one thing to ask you, what do you call materials in fact .? Rolling Eyes
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply put, you could see materials as Textures-With-Better-Features Wink

Right now, materials are a combination of multiple layers of textures, with attributes defining how these layers interact (blend, add up, multiply, etc). In the future, we'll probably support layers that are just a single color, or have other special attributes.

For you, as a user, there is not that much difference at the moment, because the GUI only support single-layer Materials. So for now, you could just think of materials as textures. Lightmapping is implemented as an extra (lightmap) layer of the textures, but that is all "under the hood".

In the (not too distant) future more of the materials features will be 'unleashed' through the GUI, and then you can start having some fun.

The concept of 'materials' is followed by most major packages (3D Studio, SoftImage, Maya) as well as a lot of 3D engines. That's not to say we are hanger-ons, just that other people think it's a great concept as well Very Happy
khris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lightmapping finally!!! man this is great and lighting just makes everything look so real now.

only problem....(cowers) jus that my old texturepacks dont seem to be affected by lighting in any way, is this because these are identified as "textures" and not "materials"?

also, how can u change to a new texturepack in this edition?

soz, jus tryin to crack on with finishin some levels so i had to inquire lol.

amazin job anyway, cant wait till pro is released Wink

Edit: soz jus found the thread explainin that lol, ill try that in a sec and see how it works Wink

khris
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't see any effect when lightmapping, make sure to check the Ambient (color) Scene property. I might be set to 255, 255, 255 (pre-0.863 default value), which means your lights won't have any effect at all (as anything is fully lit up by the ambient lighting anyway). You will probably want to change this to a dark gray (64, 64, 64 is the new default value).

The Scene Properties is where you'll find the 'select your texturepack here' option as well.

I hope that gets you sorted out, if not, just yell Smile
khris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow Shocked i see light. (thanks btw)
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A slightly newer version has been put online. Turns out DeleD contained a bug in the DMF save-routine which caused some objects to be removed when loading such DMF again. This problem has been solved and a new package has been put online. You can also download the EXE only if needed.

Note: it is perfectly possible that some more bugs might show up in the next few days. These will be solved and new versions will be put online accordingly.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: