Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DeleD 0.902 LITE released.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: DeleD 0.902 LITE released. Reply with quote

DeleD 0.902 has been released. The previous release actually introduced another bug: you couldn't save your maps. That's fixed now. In addition, a Visibility Tool has been implemented and the pyramid creation bug (that some users experienced) has also been taken care of. Get your new package or .exe at the download area. Smile

Also, II Buzzo's landscape plugin has been converted to the new plugin-system and released today. Smile

Note: the pyramid problem suddenly reared its ugly head on my system too so i was finally able to really search for the problem. It didn't generate its own UV coordinates in time so I fixed that. I don't know if that is also the same problem as some of you have experienced. Please let me know if the pyramid works now.

Last edited by Jeroen on Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this visibility tool?

Also, I noticed something that was unmentioned, (I think). You guys added something to the lights so we could see the dropoff froms the lights in world units! It doesn't draw correctly for me, unless the window is manually resized, but otherwise it's been great!

edit

actually... that's sounds like something you'd call a visibility tool Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're talking about the attenuation graph. It shows how the range of the light in a graphical way which might be more understandable than just a few numbers (constant, linear, quadratic etc). Indeed, the first time you open the Object Inspector, it is too small. Manually enlarging your window solves this, after which DeleD remembers the last size of the Object Inspector. Smile

The Visibility Tool has been added just tonight! Look for it in the Edit menu as it replaces the Visibility submenu-items. It enables you to quickly hide/unhide selections and/or types of items (e.g all cubes, all cylinders).

Last edited by Jeroen on Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
You're talking about the attenuation graph. It shows how the range of the light in a graphical way which might be more understandable than just a few numbers (constant, linear, quadratic etc).

It was a nice surprise last night.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyre_Dark wrote:

We thought so too. Very Happy
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
Vampyre_Dark wrote:

We thought so too. Very Happy

The numbering input for that is still hard to use however. If you move the cursor forward and try to use delete to edit the number, it asks if you want to delete the light, and if you press backspace too much, you get an error about an invalid number. :S

Was able to place a light last night in a room. I wanted it to cut out around the corners where the walls meet. I thought I was going to have to keep waiting for the lightmaps to finish, and then tweak it blindly...

Instead I got it on the first try.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyre_Dark wrote:

The numbering input for that is still hard to use however. If you move the cursor forward and try to use delete to edit the number, it asks if you want to delete the light, and if you press backspace too much, you get an error about an invalid number. :S

Hint: try this version instead. Wink
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
Vampyre_Dark wrote:

Hint: try this version instead. Wink

Okay, the backspace works right now. Smile But not delete.

Some of nocturn's textures are missing from the default.dtp still. Is it safe to edit the default.dtp and add them in?
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyre_Dark wrote:

Some of nocturn's textures are missing from the default.dtp still. Is it safe to edit the default.dtp and add them in?

I deliberately didn't add all textures to the default.dtp to show what texturepacks are for. They are subsets of textures in your Texture directory. But yes, you can add new textures to the texturepacks. Use the Texturepack Manager for that. Note that this will only affect new scenes made with that texturepack. Already existing scenes have their texturepacks converted to materials instead. You cannot add materials to those levels yet until the Material Editor has been implemented. And that's next in my list!

Note: you could actually add materials to existing scenes just by opening the DMF file in Notepad and manually add a material. The format is easy enough to accomplish that of course.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> News / Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: