Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Object Placer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Object Placer Reply with quote

Sept. 20: There is news, scroll down for it

Second plugin! Yay!
And guess what, this one is actually useful!

This plugin allows you to create copies of objects in your scene. You can assign them a random rotation, scaling or translation. Also, you can let the object stand upright on the ground where you place it.

It might sound unspectacular but I think there are quite a few things you can do with it.

Examples!

Nature:

(image host got removed)
This is a plane with some pebbles placed on it

(image host got removed)
Here is a river with grass on its side. Doing this without the plugin would take you hours! Well, probably not, but it's a lot more comfortable now.

Decals:

(image host got removed)
Now, you can create decals everywhere on your map with a simple click. This can be bullet holes, cracks in the wall or things I can't think of at the moment!

Other uses:
(image host got removed)
Maybe?

There will be published another plugin by me, soon. I actually wrote the other one before but I wanted to create an example screenshot where I needed some kind of tool like this, so this plugin was born!

Comments, bug finds etc. are most welcome!

Also, this is supposed to be a preview release. If there are no complaints, it can be uploaded to delgine.com in, say, a week!

Here is the download! November 6th 2008: I forgot to upload the help .txt with it, please figure it out by yourselves :p

Cheers!

Last edited by Mr.Fletcher on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:53 am; edited 4 times in total
granada
Team member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks realy cool Very Happy ,i'me working realy hard at the moment so i'me missing out on allmost all my comp time Sad .But this should change soon fingers crossed.Great to see you getting into the plugin action Wink .

Dave
Nvida Geforce GTX 580
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, apparently I should have tested it better before. The "ignore created objects when cloning" option does not work. Man, I swear it was working before! I'll see if I can find what's wrong here. Also, the checkbox for rendering textures makes no effect, I forgot to remove it.
Plus, you should know that when sending objects back to DeleD, only the objects are sent back that were created by the plugin.
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: [PREVIEW] Create Random Object Copies Reply with quote

Very nice Mr. Fletcher! Very Happy

Mr.Fletcher wrote:
Also, you can let the object stand upright on the ground where you place it.

Especially this feature makes this plugin very useful. Bring on more examples! Cool
fangelico

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you post something like an explanation on how to make it work
Cause im triyng and nothing happen
Embarassed
cheers
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I almost forgot about this one.
Sure I could.

First, load or create a scene and start the plugin. You will hopefully see the scene rendered in a 3D view. The camera will cycle around the scene centre by default.
Then, select one or more objects with Shift+Left Mouse, like you do in DeleD. This will be your source object(s). Selected objects will be highlighted. Now, select Clone in the Action field and set up everything like you want to. Then, you can start placing the object(s) on your map by simply left clicking on the point where you want to copy them to. You can also scale and rotate all created objects in your scene (select them and chose scale/rotate in the action field).
For further help have a look at the readme.txt or just go ahead and ask Wink

I guess I'll just have a second look at the plugin and release it without major changes.
fangelico

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks , it was my mistake , i was doing it , with a low scale
so the objects where tiny , so tiny that i cannot see it
im feel such a noob Embarassed
thanks
Adar
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a second there it worked.. now for some reason all I see is a black screen instead of my scene.. I tried restarting deled and even re extracting the zip file into the plugins directory.. still the screen is all black Shocked
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yeah, looks like I forgot about this plugin.

But I removed a few bugs today and added standard opengl lighting and I think it's ready to be put on the website, then.

Also, I renamed it to "Object Placer" for some reasons.

Here is it.

Adar - can't help you, sorry Crying or Very sad try the recent version, maybe this will do it.

Last edited by Mr.Fletcher on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've placed this little gem on our website today.

Check here for info and downloads. Smile

Cheers Mr. Fletcher!
Adar
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This plugin is pure genius..
You should make the placement controls a little more flexible and then this plugin could help users add fake textures, I mean use 1 texture for something and then flats over them with all sorts of things like bullet holes, scratches, air vents, blood marks, graffito or whatever instead of making different textures with those things.. a small upgrade of that plugin should be built in Deled ! Razz

Personally I can't wait for a more comfortable plugin to come out, I have tons of ideas for it already !
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adar wrote:
You should make the placement controls a little more flexible and then this plugin could help users add fake textures, I mean use 1 texture for something and then flats over them with all sorts of things like bullet holes, scratches, air vents, blood marks, graffito or whatever instead of making different textures with those things.. a small upgrade of that plugin should be built in Deled ! Razz

Personally I can't wait for a more comfortable plugin to come out, I have tons of ideas for it already !

Please explain your ideas, developers tend to be blind about their own projects Very Happy
Adar
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Fletcher wrote:
Adar wrote:

Please explain your ideas, developers tend to be blind about their own projects Very Happy

Well I was thinking about a program called FreeWorld 3D which is similar to any other program of the sort.
The program allows you to build terrains, pick up textures and use a brush in order to place those textures the way you want.. at the end you can produce 1 texture which combines all of your makings into 1 creation.. I was thinking the other day that it's too bad there isn't a program like Deled which could do that, instead of giving each texture few variations (a wall, a wall with a vent, a wall with blood stains etc) have a brush to paint those things on existing textures and meshes.. your plugin sort of lets you do that which is amazing.. I just wish it was easy to place the objects precisely where you want, then rotate and move it easily.. perhaps also scale.. such thing should definitely be built in Deled.
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The program allows you to build terrains, pick up textures and use a brush in order to place those textures the way you want.. at the end you can produce 1 texture which combines all of your makings into 1 creation..

Check out this plugin. It does a similar work like what you describe.

Quote:
just wish it was easy to place the objects precisely where you want, then rotate and move it easily.. perhaps also scale.. such thing should definitely be built in Deled.

Maybe I'll think of more comfortable ways to control the plugin Smile
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated the download link, this one will hopefully last for some years.

Also, I know the plugin is not very stable, I hope I'll fix that later or rewrite it completely, but this won't happen in a while now.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: