Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to create a simple dungeon/cave in DeleD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy_mc wrote:
Good thing to do once you're done with this, is grab random vertices inside the cave and pull them around a little, just to give the rocks abit of randomness, also I made a flat surface for the floor and that made it look a little better too.

Other things would be to add some rock pools, as well as a few holes in the roof for light shafts to add realism.

Using the Vertex Magnet tool here might prove useful. Smile
Lars Junered
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: One question? Reply with quote

Hello!

This is a really good Tutorial!
My dungeon is a river with still water.
I'm testing to do a easy water mesh (maybe this not works).

I wonder how I could show texture on both side of the top faces who is a plain surface.

Is it possibly to show different texture on one surface?

Or are there any other (easy) solition to do water.
I planned to set a special diffuse parameter in the water to simulate the sight under water when the eyes are under waterline.

Thanks for your answer!
Lars Junered
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: It works and is enough beatiful! Reply with quote

I realize my stupid question.
It's easiest to extrude and texture lightblue the surface under the top surface (after face). And paint with cloudy water on the top surface!

Maybe transparency now would be nice but this is another question.

Fog with pixels is also enough and looks nice.

Now it's fishing time (or doing some fishmeshes)!!!
ash
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This tutorial opened doors for me. It is the fastes way I have seen for making basic levels. I have thousands of dungeons I have made over the last 25 years roleplaying, and this allows for quick recreation from graph paper to 3D.

My wife has played a campaign with me for 6 or 7 years now, and I showed her this workflow and she loved it. Even for when we are just gaming, I can quickly make simple dungeon maps like this and put them on screen for her to see where monsters and NPCs are in relation to her character.

I see so much of level design in games maing more sense after seeing this. Using this tutorial was influential in my decision to upgrade to Pro.

Thank you very much.
userboo

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ash wrote:
This tutorial opened doors for me. It is the fastes way I have seen for making basic levels. I have thousands of dungeons I have made over the last 25 years roleplaying, and this allows for quick recreation from graph paper to 3D.

My wife has played a campaign with me for 6 or 7 years now, and I showed her this workflow and she loved it. Even for when we are just gaming, I can quickly make simple dungeon maps like this and put them on screen for her to see where monsters and NPCs are in relation to her character.

I see so much of level design in games maing more sense after seeing this. Using this tutorial was influential in my decision to upgrade to Pro.

Thank you very much.

Makes me wonder when I can manage to cough up 199$ for 3d gamestudio how easy it would be to place levels into that system.
crystalunicornmagic

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Tutorials All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: