Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Development Log: Multiverse Exporter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fresh Bug:

Noticed that recently CV's on my models "broke", and I noticed that the physics file had an incorrect submesh name, ie:

For a simple crate the mesh was:

crate.mesh_SubMesh0

But in the physics file it was:

crate.mesh_SubMesh1

And this is on a fresh export that I just did too. Not sure why it's doing this, as before it was working a-ok.
santutatu
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

granada wrote:
Quote:
Granada: I'm assuming you are refering to the church there, not to the avatar...
Laughing .

Dave

Laughing Laughing Razz Embarassed

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been away from the forums for ages (shame on me), but I've added some more stuff and uploaded a new version.
- Fixed the issue where the collision volume would be connected to SubMesh1 (which is a problem if you only have one submesh in the scene...)
- Completed support for cylinder collision volumes.
- Added a little label that provides a little info on the current scale factor.
- Changed default scale to 10.
- Fixed the issue where exporting Scanssouci would take ages. All standard DeleD maps now export beautifully in my tests.
- Fixed support for color (non-texture) materials.
- I also run into the problem where textures would 'disappear' (white materials, etc.) inside the Model Viewer... looks like it actually is a bug in the Model Viewer where it half-caches the materials, as it only happens to me if I load the same asset twice in a row. If I simply restart the Model Viewer, the problem is gone.

I don't seem to have any major issues left. I you have the time, please give this version a spin, because for me it's a release candidate for a public 1.0 (just need to brush up the documentation, provide an example model with collision volumes, and perhaps a tutorial). Additional features will definitely be added after 1.0 gets out, I just think it's time to take this one public.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starnick: I'll be looking into your feedback regarding the materials not showing up properly on that model you posted (thanks!), and the behaviour of lightmapping.

Regarding LOD and the other options the conversion tool has to offer: we'll have to either (A) make every single option the conversion tool has to offer available through the exporter GUI, or offer (B) an optional 2-step export where you still get to run the conversion tool with manually defined options. I'd like to stick with (A) for as long as possible, as it is a lot more userfriendly, especially to those new to the process.
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear from you again! and yes I agree with you on option A.

I just went from having lots of time to not much time, but I'll try and break it tomorrow or this weekend Razz.
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was a while ago Confused

I'm a few days left from the end of the semester, so thing's have been busy. Last night I got some downtime to model, but nothing much to report (just ran into that model viewer texture bug thing again). I'll give it a real go around after Saturday as I have a few models to texture and apply CV's to.

Before the RC was posted it was pretty stable honestly, so I don't think I should run into any problems...
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spherical CVs look fine.

Cylindrical CVs...turn into capsules, intended? I don't remember if MV even has Cylindrical CVs though.

Found a new bug, very small but is significant:

If a material name has a space in it, the texture is going to be missing in MV as apparently material names are not allowed to have spaces. Pure luck on discovering this as I generally don't have spaces in my file names, but I was using one of the textures that came with DeleD (ie Wall 8.jpg) so the default material name was "Wall 8". Obviously, changing the material to Wall_8 fixed the problem.

I looked back at some test models before where I was having this problem, and it appears that this was the problem with those too.

So far that's it, everything else seems to be fine - love the enhanced scaling Smile.
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Paul-Jan, any new updates? Or you folks busy with DeleD 1.8?

I've ran into where the alternative ways of defining CV's would really come in handy, as they currently aren't associated with the sub-meshes of the object (thus won't turn off if you turn them off in world editor).

Also, the 1.1 version was released as a beta, so far nothing seems to be incompatible which is good Very Happy.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too many updates at this point, but I'll put the Multiverse Exporter live somewhere this week. Then we'll get some additional functionality going. Very Happy
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this is new, but I don't remember...but I actually got a model into MV via the collada exporter...well, a few polys, everything else looked like the normals were inverted (not sure about that however). Opening the file into 3ds was interesting though, the model started out transparent for some reason.

Anyways, any newsworthy updates with this (or the 1.0 release? Razz)?
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for mentioning the Collada Exporter woes... it's due for some major maintance work anyway, will get onto it. I'll check out the Collada Exporter, it's due for some major maintainance anyway.

Shame on me for not getting the Multiverse Exporter out there yet. No big updates yet, I just need to get around to putting it online. This weekend should do. Let's get this thing into the public feedback -> update -> release cycle!
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul-Jan wrote:
Thanks for mentioning the Collada Exporter woes... it's due for some major maintance work anyway, will get onto it. I'll check out the Collada Exporter, it's due for some major maintainance anyway.

Shame on me for not getting the Multiverse Exporter out there yet. No big updates yet, I just need to get around to putting it online. This weekend should do. Let's get this thing into the public feedback -> update -> release cycle!

Sounds good, I'd like to write a wiki-friendly document (with pictures!) for our wiki and for the MV one (help get DeleD's name out there with the MV community too), will most likely be this weekend too when I get the time.
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is, or at least the first incarnation...I think I hit everything:

http://www.delgine.com/wiki/index.php/Multiverse_Exporter

Also, for some reason the Multiverse exporter logo isn't appearing when I load up in 1.8 anymore:

Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job on the Wiki! Seriously. Love the little bridge example, I had worked up a lously example with a temple model (using pillars to demonstrate the capsule collission volumnes), but the model ended up looking so poor that it was holding me back from writing the documentation. Sad, isn't it?

On a related note, I just officially released version 1.0 of the exporter. Read more about it here!

No clue about the missing image, it doesn't do that here. Could you please check if the 1.0 release still has that problem?
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do what I can to help, you did the actual heavy lifting Very Happy

*Tweaked the wiki document just a bit, and added it to the multiverse wiki
*Gave a link to your announcement here

And, downloaded the new 1.0 .dll, no dice...still getting the blank space where the exporter's logo should be. Then again, I have been having some weirdness with DeleD 1.8 lately.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: