Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Promoting DeleD - let people find us!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Promoting DeleD - let people find us! Reply with quote

In order to enable as many people as possible to find us, we're listed at a number of wellknown sites. A few examples:

http://www.3dlinks.com/links.cfm?categoryid=1&subcategoryid=2 - Notice our ranking (and feel free to rank DeleD with a 10, of course Wink)!

http://www.download.com/DeleD-3D-Editor-Lite/3000-6677_4-10727604.html?tag=lst-0-1 - Their affiliates also list us.

When googling on Delgine, DeleD and the likes, we're on top. And of course, we try to mention DeleD on relevant game development forums & sites whenever applicable but I am wondering if any of you have good suggestions we could follow up to make DeleD more known throughout the world. So... got any ideas? Please do share! Smile
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're linked from 3dcentral.net too. Smile
816 people have linked here from there since 3-19-06 Smile
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added you guys to the list of 3rd party tools over @ the multiverse wiki too (including links):

http://update.multiverse.net/wiki/index.php/Third-Party_Tools

Once the Deled2MV plugin is more stable and officially released, Im sure you're going to see some more MVers around here...especially because of the free lite version.
jwatte
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy Google adwords.
elementrix
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, now you mention it, i asked my school to put deled lite in the main server so anyone can play with it and i'm not sure yet but i think it's ok. my teacher also found it a great program so if they put it on the main server (sketchup is also there) you will have around 1500 students who will maybe see deled and pick it up. altough not very much people are very much into 3d don't hope to much..

also around 5 guys in my class really tried deled and 1 of them even signed up at this forum and is still sometimes creating 3d things.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jeroen
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@JWatte: we tried that. It costs a lot of money and we were not able to detect a significant increase in traffic really. Then again, to really determine any increase, we should monitor traffic etc more closely. Guess what, no time for that... Confused

@Elementrix: great news! We have been thinking about creating DeleD lessons for use on a high school. Do you think that's a good idea?
elementrix
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
@JWatte: we tried that. It costs a lot of money and we were not able to detect a significant increase in traffic really. Then again, to really determine any increase, we should monitor traffic etc more closely. Guess what, no time for that... Confused

@Elementrix: great news! We have been thinking about creating DeleD lessons for use on a high school. Do you think that's a good idea?

you mean like a bunch of tutorials? or really stand in front a a classroom?

also i think you will get ALOT more users if you add simple animation into deled like just create some bones- select vertices and attach those vertices to bones and a simple time frame and build further from there. Because really there are almost none still supported easy to use 3d animation programs that are free/cheap so i think thats a great market to go into. ofcourse it is hard and other things need to be done and i takes a lot of time but i think it will be worth it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elementrix wrote:
also i think you will get ALOT more users if you add simple animation into deled like just create some bones- select vertices and attach those vertices to bones and a simple time frame and build further from there. Because really there are almost none still supported easy to use 3d animation programs that are free/cheap so i think thats a great market to go into. ofcourse it is hard and other things need to be done and i takes a lot of time but i think it will be worth it.

Yep, I think so too. I always wanted DeleD to support simple animation because of the lack of competent software. Looks like a great long time goal to me!
Daaark
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always tell people about this place / DeleD on GD.net or other misc places when it comes up. I've sent a lot of people to this site. Wether or not they ever downloaded and used the product is beyond me. Laughing
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elementrix wrote:

also i think you will get ALOT more users if you add simple animation into deled like just create some bones- select vertices and attach those vertices to bones and a simple time frame and build further from there.

In the past we choose to focus on modeling only but we have recently discussed the possibility of adding animation and I am pleased to announce that we will implement basic animation for DeleD 2.0. This will take a considerable amount of time, of course, but the main decision to go and implement animation has been made. Smile

In the mean time, letīs try to get as many people as possible to tryout DeleD as it is now. Very Happy
elementrix
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: @ Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:
elementrix wrote:

also i think you will get ALOT more users if you add simple animation into deled like just create some bones- select vertices and attach those vertices to bones and a simple time frame and build further from there.

In the past we choose to focus on modeling only but we have recently discussed the possibility of adding animation and I am pleased to announce that we will implement basic animation for DeleD 2.0. This will take a considerable amount of time, of course, but the main decision to go and implement animation has been made. Smile

In the mean time, letīs try to get as many people as possible to tryout DeleD as it is now. Very Happy

I CANT BELIEVE IT YAY~!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

one thing though, do we need to pay extra for 2.0 because i read somewhere that we would get free updates until 2.0? is this right? otherwise it won't be a problem for me because I also though about to say that i would want to pay extra for animation Smile

also i had the idea to have beside object-, vertex-, edge- and face mode also animation mode, are you going to implent it like that?
when deled is implented it will defeat 3ds max by ease Laughing

i wish i could time travel Razz
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeroen wrote:

Jeroen wrote:
I am pleased to announce that we will implement basic animation for DeleD 2.0.

Jeroen wrote:
DeleD 2.0

Tincho

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
we will implement basic animation for DeleD 2.0

I think I've found my true love Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
jwatte
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am pleased to announce that we will implement basic animation for DeleD 2.0.

Oh, please God, NO! Don't waste your time on that. There are so many better places to put in effort. Milkshape already does animation with skinned characters. Are you thinking you'll do skinned characters, too? If not, then why animation? And if you do, then what makes you think you can create a character modeling pacakge out of DeleD? It's a very different kind of workflow.
elementrix
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can import any character model that is not animated (and that are alot! for free or if you buy them) so why not, i also like normal maps etc. maybe a poll?
and it isn't a waste of time, if you want more costumers you will need a cheap moddeling application that does everything... and is easy to use.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Community Edition All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: