Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The DeleD Wiki...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Wiki
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: The DeleD Wiki... Reply with quote

The DeleD Wiki can be found at http://www.delgine.com/wiki . If you feel like contributing anything, be it a single line of information, some tips & tricks, fix some grammar or spelling mistakes, add a tutorial, anything really... please don't hesitate to visit the Wiki right now and do it!

Suggestions and remarks can always be posted inside the actual Wiki (just edit the appropriate page), but if you have specific questions that require an actual answer, you'll probably be better off posting them in this forum!

Thanks for contributing, everyone! Smile
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Best Arnold voice* Do it, do it now!

Wiki looks clean and spiffy.
Tincho

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way of "logging-in" at DeleD Wiki? (I mean; let's say you modified anything at the Wiki, but you can only be recognized with an ID number -mine's 190.188.208.55 -.) I can't be recognized as, for example, Tincho or similar, but I'd just like to know if there's a way to do it. Confused

EDIT: just logged in... Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jwatte
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know some links to some great off-short pharmacies that I could add to every page on the Wiki. Would that help? :-)

Actually, I predict that without validated registration, you'll have Wiki spam problems from the advertizing bots out there. They have an uncanny ability to submit random junk to almost every web form out there.
santutatu
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised My tuto is missing there Razz Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
trucker2000
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The todo page may need some attention. I looked to fix something, but it looks as if it has already been fixed.
Would people who take a job off the todo list please edit the page stating so? and if it has been finished, delete the line.
asus
8 gigs ram
Invidia gtx560 video card
Windows 8 (worst op sys Ever)
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santutatu: well... add it, then! Smile That's what the Wiki is all about!

JWatte: Yeah, you are probably right, just trying to keep it low-barrier for as long as possible.. As soon as the first spamming appears we'll raise the entry bar.
Tincho

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul-Jan wrote:
Santutatu: well... add it, then! Smile That's what the Wiki is all about!

The DeleDWiki users have no restrictions about uploading any kind of files? Surprised
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no, I meant adding a link to the tutorial, the Wiki currently contains links to any tutorial or tutorial video we already had ! Smile

The only thing the Wiki users can upload is images (I think, I haven't tried more exotic media, but I'd expect that I'd need to install some extensions for that to work and I didn't), and only if you are registered.
Nocturn
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul-Jan wrote:
The only thing the Wiki users can upload is images (I think, I haven't tried more exotic media, but I'd expect that I'd need to install some extensions for that to work and I didn't), and only if you are registered.

But no PNGs. Would be cool to have PNGs enabled, nice compression and high resolution at a low filesize with no ugly artifacts.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. I'll see if I can get it to accept PNG's. Support should be fully configured already (the main logo is a .PNG), so this shouldn't be too hard (adjusting the filter might already do the trick(.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed it, PNG is now support. Silly Wiki didn't recognize the mime type, had to actually modify the source of MimeMagic.php. Apparently nobody uses MediaWiki without using ImageMagick. Good thing there is Google! Very Happy
Starnick
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added some odd and ends as requested from the community page...also added a very simple tutorial showing how to model a simple table from a cube Smile
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that's great! Feel free to catch up with me in the contributor top 10. Very Happy

I think we'll need to add streaming video to both the site and the Wiki soon, as it makes the video tutorials a lot more accessible. Just not sure hosting streaming video ourselves is too good an idea, we are already exceeding our bandwidth limits as it is. Very Happy
Mr.Fletcher
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video support is a good idea, but I don't think hosting them will be necessary. There are lots of other video portals that allow embedding them within a website, besides youtube.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Wiki All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: