Delgine 3D Tools & Content DeleD Community Edition
Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

B3D Import/Export plugins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Progi1984

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link for download :
http://www.delgine.com/plugins/viewPlugin.php?catid=40&catdesc=Exporters&contentid=9
Prime_8
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found that deled plugin for .b3d is exporting all surfaces to sepperate ent's in teh .b3d file.

that is if i have hull and hull has 4 surfaces in it. when teh hull mesh gets exported , the plugin makes the 4 surfaces into 4 meshes with one surface on export .

so in my app and a few other teh .b3d loads up with 4 objects called hull ?
anoying . LOL
Ravine
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hum. I'm posting here cause i switched from raw dxs using in irrlicht (custom loader, perf issues) to b3d (natively supported, FPS increase by 2.5 factor). But i've set up a folder organisation, where all my textures are stored, which allows me to store geometry and textures separately (for reuse purpose).

You're starting to see where i'm heading toward. The exporter allows to export textures, and lightmaps. But the paths are "texture in the same folder of the mesh", which is, i have to admit, convenient in lot of case, but not mine.

Is there any possibility to see any "path" option in the b3d exporter ? such as specify a hard coded path "..\\textures\\category\\". Actually, what i'm looking for is keeping the path system of .DXS (which is what i used so far, and was really convenient, as i just copied my whole Texture folder from deled to my game project) instead of the current plugin.

If any modification on the plugin involves lots of time or "we cant right now", any link or lead to any "b3d modifier", i would be very happy.
Coty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Is there any possibility to see any "path" option in the b3d exporter ? such as specify a hard coded path "..\\textures\\category\\"...

Hea, I second that!

My maps are in a separate folder than the textures. My texture path is ../Tex/textureName.dds.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, no problem at all. I'll add a texture basepath (relative by default), and an option to maintain category subfolders within that path.

First though I'll do a quick check if if the B3D file format supports relative texture paths, because if it doesn't, I will not be adding the option to keep the category subfolders in the final texture path.

ETA: later today.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've finished building in support for relative paths into the exporter, and I'll release this later today, but as an important note:

(disclaimer: based on Irrlicht 1.2 source)
The default Irrlicht B3D loader does not support relative textures paths inside the B3D file. From the source code:

File: CAnimatedMeshB3D.cpp
Method: CAnimatedMeshB3d::ReadChunkTEXS

Code:

core::stringc TextureName=readString(file);
TextureName=stripPathString(file->getFileName(),true) + stripPathString(TextureName,false);

As you can see, it fully strips the path, so by default all textures have to be in the same folder as the B3D file. You'll have to modify these lines of Irrlicht code if you want things to work out.

If you do so, note how relative paths inside the B3D file
(a) only contain forward slashes
(b) start with a forward slash

This was kinda tricky to figure out, but it was the only way I could get Blitz3D (the leading reference as far as B3D support goes Very Happy) to actually accept the files with relative paths in them.

Hope that helps! Will post the updated exporter later today...
Ravine
DeleD PRO user

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah damn, thanks. i should have read the API doc first Sad . As a C# dev with the .NetCP wrapper, i dont modify the native dll

Thanks for looking at that.
Paul-Jan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, sorry to hear that! Perhaps you can get someone to fix up and recompile the original DLL... or perhaps Niko/Luke can fix this behaviour inside the actual release version of Irrlicht, because it seems to be an actual bug (or missing feature) in the B3D loader!

p.s. I have just released the new version of the exporter, see http://www.delgine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2982
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DeleD Community Edition Forum Index -> DeleD Plugins All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: